Sinister: Meanwhile, back here in Britain, this is what's on the horizon.

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Sat Aug 19 11:48:34 BST 2000

Hello
As usual I am in a rush but in danger of relaxing too much: I have a
flight to catch.
Welcome to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,
Court-NAY.
Anyone going to the picnic in Greenwich?
I shall be wearing my favourite 'out of town in town' moleskin trousers,
old-man shoes and a tattered jacket. And red underwear, of course, in
tribute to honey's third birthday party, even if honey might not be
around in person.... aw. Maybe can be persuaded or maybe I'm not up to
date.
I suggest anyone wishing to test their theories of genetic cloning
should check into #philosophy for a bit to do it live: quite good fun
once you get past the interminable references to books one has perhaps
never read, or even heard of.
Hehe, I can't resist: my stick is thrown in the direction of progress
aligning with optimism and hope: there's too much misery in the world to
be conservative, and I refer not to existential *ennui* but to simple
lack of health, food and water for our nice fellow human beings. Life is
a flexible concept, after all, and I would prefer to see happy grown-ups
with a future than DNA any time.
For anyone who doesn't know already, the highly respected Scots man of
letters and images, Mister Alasdair Gray, Sir, is going to do the
illustrations for a book of Belle and Sebastian song lyrics. After
spending the best part of fifteen years compiling his momentous historic
tome *The Book of Prefaces* the great man is currently up some step
ladders in a wee road just close to Glasgow University repainting a
mural he did ages ago, up the stairs of *The Ubiquitous Chip* (a
recommended restaurant, complete with indoor wintergarden) 'indoor
wintergarden' is tautologous, by the way...

Now I have to put this junky pile of clothes into a bag in about, say,
five minutes
See yas all later in one way or another,

Gordon (Rousseau)

P.S. I've been experimenting with side-on smiley faces:
:) simple loveable
#:D muzzy fringe bloke
@;{} PUNKA girlie
etc.....
(:x kissing person

P.P.S. Wish me some of your speed, certain person #:D an' I'll be right
with you