Sinister: target: USA

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Sat Aug 19 16:53:05 BST 2000

YEAAHHH!

(pumping my fist in the air as if in triumph)

woo! jillian locke posted!  she never did that before! woo! yesh!

and then:

symbolic logic on the list again!  not since last fall has it reared its
mathy head! i missed it so for that entire semster that i didn't take it.
but i'm taking wittgenstein this semester so i'm sure i'll see more logic
soon.

and even more:

its cold outside finally!  its nice! you can wear sweaters (or cardigans if
you're all into living by 'the book')!  ambling no longer triggers sweat!

but wait there's more:

i may get a job at an art bookstore!  selling art books!  they made me do a
quiz, and it asked me questions like who was freida khalo etc.  i said that
frieda khalo was the art lady with the moustache.  that got a good laugh out
of my interviewer.  they also asked me 'who is mies van der rohe?'...i mean
WHO ISN'T MIES VAN DER ROHE!?! that's my question.   i know i am. and you
too.  they were playing nick drake in the book store when they interviewed
me too.  and there's a big ol' frank stella mural on the back wall.

that's two exams in under 24 hours.  i just wrote my contemporary
architecture exam last night, and then i got drunk read more proust and then
went dancing...

and the Dead Kennedys came up too....they have been in my thoughts quite
alot.  i've been missing my friend ben, who is currently traipsing about
europe behaving badly with architects and heiresses, but we used to talk
about the DK
quite alot.  and then i read this headline that said 'dead kennedy in the
limelight at convention' which was merely about there being a big JFK theme
at the Democratic convention and not about Jello's latest bid at the
presidency...which was disappointing to say the least.

FRANKLY after just having been on about the dead kennedys its no surprise
that i'm not a big fan of capital...but personally i don't think the US is
on the verge of chaos when (and if) either bush or gore get elected.  bush
will be worse but not actually that offensively bad, it just depends on what
your expectations of government are (it so happens mine are much lower than
most). of course the rich will get richer, etc. but thats the way the whole
thing _works_.  until we blow up the whole thing in a flaming electric jihad
revolution we can't blame the fucking thing for doing what it does.  like
hag eels.  they excrete two buckets of mucous a day, thats gross.  i'm not
at all into buckets of mucous, but thats what a hag eel does when its not
living in another animal's rectum...like the hag eel's mucous, america and
its current economic/cultural system produces a growing disparity between
the rich and the poor, cultural imperialism and invasive foreign
policy...and the magnetic fields...so the us is actually better than hag
eels.  i guess the magnetic fields are 'the good mucous' in this analogy...

um yes...
so that's the end of politics ok? no more of that.  someone just pied the
primeminister of canada, he rides a kick board and wears silly hats...here
in canada we govern by promotional stunts exclusively.  riding the kick
board was a vital and important political move that put him a step ahead of
both joe clark (well, you don't need help to get ahead of joe clark) and
stockwell day.  frankly, i don't see how stock could ever get elected...with
his eugenically frightening image and talk of a 'freedom train'.  what the
fuck is a freedom train?  freedom from what?  from the tyranny of jean
'teflon' cretien?  from the most wishy washy non-commital government ever?
really...i'm sure if he ever won a majority people like me and most of my
friends would be put on different kinds of trains....

my parents watch any long running boring event possible on television.  they
watched princess di's coffin sit on a runway at heathrow for several
hours...so they watched the democratic convention...and when i asked my
mother why she did such things she said:  they mentioned the kennedys...it
was emotional.

somehow i think i have different kinds of feelings....

hey is teri still on the list?  whats up with her?

and i saw the sisters thornton as well...and emily is still on the
list...but quiet...hmm. now that jill is posting i have merely to entice
leslie, ben, and everyone else into the city into clamourous toronto posting
action.  i'm not sure why that should happen...but if it did it'd warm my
heart.

sorry,

s t e v en