Sinister: Say baby I love you

Magda Boom magdaboom at xxx.com
Sat Aug 19 22:03:06 BST 2000

Dear List,

Jen mentioned having a Polly Pocket version of herself. Ive got a rather rough all cindy doll with its hair chopped off sitting in my room which is my doll me, and my friend, another Jenny, has a brandless cheapo doll version of herself, and a little while ago we took out dolls out with us to the Notting Hill Arts centre and watched them spin round on the dj decks like a couple of retards while Amelia Marine Research giggled at us. Later on, when Baxendale played, Tim grabbed our doll selves and sang to them. And Baxendale tell us its the summer of Hate, but this is a good summer. Weepy train journeys, the most battered copy of the Capote reader ever becoming my security blanket. I went to Prague, I went to Paris, and Im fading fast, but Im so happy, list, as I just wanted to tell you so. Maybe thats why I skipped around Virgin Megastore yesterday and brandished kisses on shy sinister boys I used to squabble with (Hello James, hello Daffy). Sometimes I start to wonder !
how different things could have been if some of you hadnt of come in and out of my lives. Then I tend to pinch myself in the arm and tell myself to stop being such a sap.

amy said:

>that craig david guy is really beginning to annoy me. all of his songs are about his
>sexual conquests!

Well, I cant say I dont like the boy myself, but last night as we waited for the tube me and hannahdoll re-wrote some of the lyrics to his last hit, as it goes. Met a girl on Monday, took her for a drink on Tuesday, I prematurely came on Wednesday, and by Thursday shed told all of-my-mates. Next time you see Craig David on the telly, look at his hands. Theyre not the same colour as his face, I tell you. I reckon he drew on that beard with a biro too.

I dont understand people who admire girls just because they like Belle and Sebastian, even if they are horrible snobs. There has to be more to talk about than your favourite b-side. I dont know, I think the real snobs are the boys that think girls who like Belle and Sebastian are somehow better than those that have never heard of them.

Sadly Ill be missing what I think might be the picnic of the year next week as I plan to be wearing a little black dress and Chanel wellies, lying face down in a pool of vomit at Reading festival. Have fun, kids, and remember, if youre wearing a mini-skirt and you slip off a shiny wooden chair in the pub, people might see your Polka
dot knickers like they did mine in Camden last night. I dont think the Time Out crew were at all impressed.

Baby go,
Magda Boom

http://welcome.to/houseofscarlet

chickclick.com