Sinister: among the rubble I notice a comment on nader.......

Knightowl knightowl at xxx.net
Sat Aug 19 23:34:14 BST 2000

> admit that Nader has virtually
> no shot of winning this election, but their goal is not the White House
but
> rather to bring various issues into the public arena

And this gets at why American politics is in such an undemocratic shambles.
While the democrats (and the media) will allow the republicans to define
Monica Lewinsky's blow job as a topic of serious debate, they will not
extend policy debate to the areas Nader wants to bring forward.

Thus, you are left with a "lesser of evils" scenario, and lord have mercy on
ya if you think thats George W.

Truly a sinister state of affairs........

Ed