Sinister: late summer lunacy

Alex Puck alexthepuck at xxx.com
Sun Aug 20 19:52:17 BST 2000

hello all,
did you ever have one of those awful days were you knew what you were going
to do but the whole thing buggered up? I was supposed to go with my friend
to the seaside today in his shiny car, and maybe meet a nice girl I've had
my eye on, but I had a horrible case of general illness, so I'm stuck
getting rare saint Etienne songs from napster and drinking funny smelling
tea my mum made. oh, if anyone has Built On Sand by saint Etienne and could
do me a wee tape of it, I'd be v. grateful! :)
Anyhow... actually have something to say about what other people were
saying.
Really chuffed to see that Amy and Magda aren't totally in love with Craig
David; all the girls I know think he's great, and apparently he's now
brought out an album with which he can continue to make my life hell (he's
been played at me several times already this week). Also liked what Magda
said about boys thinking B&S girls were too snobby and cool; thing is, some
of the girls I know think that too, but it's all rather silly, even if it
it's nice to have someone who doesn't think your record collection is
'weird'.
I also thought the guy from High-Fidelity looked like moby, although I also
liked x-men. sorry... :)
I know how James Thorniley felt about getting a kiss form Erica from Hefner.
Holly Ross from Angelica hugged me and my friend when we met her after the
gig at the highbury garage, and I nearly died. Has anyone else ever met
people they really like?
er... ok, that's about it... if I'm still doing this wrong, someone say, as
it's the first 'proper' post I've done. Oh, and Twin Town is on tomorrow
night, and it's quite good, if anyone was thinking of watching it.
All the best,
Alex