Sinister: Oh! No, don't be scared....

jmcf jmcf at xxx.ca
Sun Aug 20 20:18:41 BST 2000

Heffalumping at aol.com wrote:

> Here it is...so, assuming that the population of Scotland that isn't against
> theistic belief altogether is Catholic

well, that would be a faulty assumption...

I'm a dual-citizen-type Canadian whose family is from Scotland (Glasgow)
and while we happen to be Catholic I can assure you the majority of
Scotland is not. Indeed, post-Reformation pre-Irish famine Scotland was
*almost* papist-free.
In fact, many of the more fun 'n' bizarre fundie cults in America have
their roots in religion-mad 16th-17th Century Scottish protestantism.

"Who loves not wisely but too well will look on Helen's face in Hell,
But he whose love is thin and wise will view John Knox in Paradise"

Luckily, nowadays most of Scotland, like most of the Western world, is
pretty much secular and rabid Rangers supporters aside couldn't give a
rats ass about religion.

I worked as a server for six years through school. I can relate to the
suckiness that is work in the service industry. Endure the fat bastards.
Finish school and then move somewhere cool. Then when you come back and
see the same old fat bastards doing their fat bastard thing, they will
seem small and petty and you'll be glad you didn't slit your wrists.

 jmcf