Sinister: America, I was a communist when I was a kid I'm not sorry

Vicki Rider vrider at xxx.net
Tue Aug 22 01:26:19 BST 2000

Hi All,

I've been Lurking about the country: New York City, Chicago, and Milwaukee.
I went with my dad and had a great time, especially in NYC where I got to
see my sister, the first time in two years. For some reason I hated Chicago,
and Milwaukee I had seen last year but it was fun enough. Then, three days
after I get back, high school starts up again, so what's a gal to do? But
I'm starting my second week now and things are much smoother.
    But at least whenever I'm feeling low about the fact that no one else in
school (except for a select few group of friends) has even HEARD of Belle
and
Sebastian, I can just hurry home and read the marvellous, fabulous,
phantasmagorical Sinister list, and all is well. I mean, what other group of
people do you know has heard of Richard Brautigan, for crying out loud?
Bless you all!!

I read line in a previous post that I think needs repeating:
> "i think that Bush is a slimey bastard fit
>to be thrown to the lions but that's just me"
When will this evil evil man be stopped?? There's a grassroots campaign
among certain people at my school this year; on their backpacks and t-shirts
are hand-made patches shouting FEAR BUSH (www.fearbush.com). So there is
hope!
For someone who is not yet old enough to vote, I find this year's election
particularly frustrating. Bush & Gore's speeches are simply tested and
approved patter that has gotten previous generations elected, so what
they're selling isn't new, excited politics but simply regurgitated empty
promises and fake smiles. That's why we should all Vote Nader, and tell
these "politicians" where to stick their speeches.

Grrrr.

I'm usually not this angry normally, I swear! I'm just a simple Phoenix girl
that reads too much about Andy Warhol's Factory (you know it's getting
obsesssive when you wear that certain striped sailor shirt on a weekly
basis), and listens to way too much
P!O!P!

Idleberry asked: where have other sinisterians heard B+S being played?
The oddest place I heard them played was in this itty bitty movie theater in
New York (movie: The Filth and the Fury, which was pretty
enjoyable). It was playing in the lobby; the song: Dirty Dream #2. I
thought, WoW! NYC IS a cool city!!

I just realized my Galaxie 500 cds have music videos on the computer. Isn't
technology a blast?

Well, I'll leave you all now for greener pastures (homework), and have a
great Labor Day.................

Ciao!
Rachel  W. :-)

"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?"