Sinister: Hailstones the size of mint imperials

Lucy Alder lucyalder at xxx.com
Tue Aug 22 10:23:25 BST 2000

Hello you lot

A couple of weeks ago, before the Jeepster message board went completely lunatic and bonkers and
bore messages from Jason Andreas trying to arrange a meet-up last Christmas, I read a whole host
of messages from people who were organising a picnic on Primrose Hill on 20th August.  I thought I
might go along, but when I read one message that said "well done for organising a picnic without
the help of the B&S Primrose Mafia", I knew I had to go along... and moider them all with violence
and swearing.

As previously reported by Miss Lixi, a fair number of us lugged bouze and Pringles up the hill,
eyes skinned for anybody looking vaguely like B&S fans.  We spied one possible group,
procrastinated shyly for 10 minutes in an obvious I-want-to-talk-to-you-but-I'm-too-scared kind of
way, then Mark C bit the bullet and approached them.

"Excuse me, are you anything to do with Jeepster?"
"Jeepster, what's that?"

Oh dear.  So we got a bit pissed on our own, but it was fun nonetheless.  There was a good kite in
the shape of a clipper ship that didn't fly and a chocolate labrador puppy with its head in the
bin.  We also spotted what may have been a Marilyn Manson picnic.   All in all, a nice warm-up for
next weekend's shenanigans in Greenwich.

Rachel W, who apparently shares email with Vicki Rider (either that or she wants to confuse the
bejeesus out of us all) wrote

> I read line in a previous post that I think needs repeating:
> > "i think that Bush is a slimey bastard fit
> >to be thrown to the lions but that's just me"

and I'd like to add that I think that Bush are slimey bastards fit to be thrown to the lions.  I
could also write something about slimey bushes, but that would be just plain disgusting.

And on that note, I'll leave you.

Juicy Lucy