Sinister: Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 18:55:30 +0100

David White david at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 22 18:58:15 BST 2000

Greetings Listees,

>>Nader<<
Who the heck is this Nader guy that keeps getting mentioned on the list? Is
he an American politician or something? Please excuse my ignorance if its
common knowledge and I've managed to miss it but I've never heard of him.
It seems to me that in America the two political parties both sing from the
same proverbial hymn sheet. Is it really democratic to have a two party
political system? If the two parties were radically different or if there
were more parties to choose from then maybe. Perhaps that's just the way it
is in the most powerful country on earth, where you can vote for any
president you want as long as they're right wing. Introduce some radical
lefties, communists or environmentalists or something and stir it all up a
bit, maybe even make the established two parties do something to earn their
positions. For what it's worth, I think anybody who wants to be a politician
or president or whatever shouldn't be allowed within a hundred miles of an
election because they're generally all in it for the ego trip and not for
the benefit of the people who vote for them.

That's all for now, don't forget you can download Loneliness and Paper Boat
MP3s (and soon Lord Anthony) from www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk

Dave