Sinister: Punk Moan

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Tue Aug 22 21:49:02 BST 2000

Greets,

The subject was supposed to be 10 Python Lee Jackson-ington Place but I Peek
Freaned at the Latest page first, spied a theme & decided to jump on the
Bandwagonesque.

First, a confession to get off my chest. In 1970 I couldn't STAND Nick
Drake* because of the arrangements: anything with strings played on top of
it made me vomit. Music for grown ups. Therefore I leaned heavily to the
Noddy Holder faction. Slayed Alive (where did I put the stress on that
oxymoron?) was a brilliant Friday/Saturday night record, also containing
Noddy's genuinely tender & moving rendition of John Sebastian's My Darling
Be Home Soon.

*Love him to bits now (or at least some of it.)

Secondly, your radio correspondent would like you to know that the 8 piece
Hefner play a session on John "Teenage dreams are hard to beat" Peel
tomorrow night ( www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/ something)

I went away for a week, looked down at Mont Blanc from 35,000 feet & shared
Rome with 2,000,000 members of John Paul II's Youth Army. Feelings were
mixed, looking at Il Duce's balcony with flag waving, scarf wearing,
chanting groups of young people marching by.

On my return I read 8 digests and all my feeble brain could come up with
was:

pixidustlady
I didn't think it took that much effort to get SWells on his knees

Magnetic Sarah
I like that Velocette song too. I suspect it to be their career high.

Mr Magnetic Sarah I (er, Damo)
What IS being planned for DK?

Arantxa
There's no excuse for calling Mark C one of those

So I'd better go,

See you Sunday,

David Moore
Chelmsford, UK