Sinister: showing far too much knowledge about politics to be good...

Scott Plagenhoef splag at xxx.net
Wed Aug 23 17:31:00 BST 2000

Ooh, Sinister, you're so serious these days.

David White said:
 one of the few things I admire about the US is the fact that status is not
defined by who your ancestors were.

Yes, it's brilliant living in a country in which you can become anything you
set your mind to -- even president! Why this year we have a choice between a
president's son *and* a senator's son.

But before all you cross-Atlantic types sell us short, please remember that
we Yanks are capable of electing someone from outside of the two-party
system for high politcal office -- provided they are former pro-wrestling
heels that looked smart in a pink feather boa and a cubic zirconia dimple
stud. (Hmm, is that how one spells "zirconia." I suppose I could have just
wrote "Cubic Z."  That would make a fairly swell hip-hop name. Not a very
ambitious one though; I guess you'd definitely be a hater and not a playa
with *that* handle.)

Why can't we all get behind one another in both the US and UK like Mute
Records is for Looper! Did we talk about Looper leaving Jeepster yet? I
can't remember. Sometimes I drift off during class and daydream. Or doodle.

scott.