Sinister: politics and relocation

COURTOLY at xxx.com COURTOLY at xxx.com
Fri Aug 25 19:55:58 BST 2000

Hello my dears,
I read a bit of the Nader discussion. Boo to the business world is right! But the Nader camp has a good argument regarding vote splitting...in a country where 60% of the eligible voters do not vote, a candidate who is appealing to those fed up with the two party system is going to get more non-voters into the polls than people who are changing their mind from a traditional party to the Greens. Many activists, especially with an anarchist slant, do not vote in national elections. Vote cancellation is another option, find a friend who is going to vote for the opposition and agree not to vote together. See, just as good as voting yourself! Of course, you could still vote after you convinced them not to.

I'm relocating to Athens GA in two months. If anyone has any advice, job leads etc. I have my BA in Liberal Arts and experience in libraries, coffee shops, and arts and craft stores.

Love
Courtney