Sinister: Say the right things, when you're auctioneering, I trust I can rely on, your bid...

Jason Andreas jasonandreas at xxx.net
Sat Aug 26 12:40:13 BST 2000

Hello folk poppers.

*exhales in a vague fashion*

    I was dragged last night by my friends Andy, James and Gary to 'Pressure
Night' at the Arches in Glasgow. It's one of those 'havin' it large'
occasions where the dance community get together and sort of wave their
hands about in random directions in vague time to the beat. I was, suffice
to say, not 'loved up,' 'havin' it large' or even enjoying myself much. I
did manage to throw in a couple of 'big fish, little fish, cardboard box's'
though, so all was well on that score. I doubt I'd do it again, but it
certainly was an experience.

    My (so called) life has gone through one of the usual stages again. I
find a new group of people to hang with, everything's okay or so for a few
months then they just, without warning, get fed up of me and stop talking.
This happens to Andy too. Is this a usual thing for everyone, or are we just
unlucky sods?

    I hope that most members of Sinister are putting themselves up for
auction. Remember, it's all in a good cause.

    Got my Soulwax ticket yesterday, so this'll be the *fourth* time I've
seen them, come October. Nice :)

    There seems to be an extraordinary amount of bands I want to see coming
up soon. I'm still trying to work my Bob Dylan ticket into my budget, but
apart from him, there's also Lou Reed, Doves, It's Jo And Danny, Badly Drawn
Boy, ...Trail Of Dead, Placebo, and quite a few more too. It's gonna be a
gigging time!

    Joke: What has four legs and an arm?
    Answer: A happy pit-bull.

    Never ever did manage to get in touch again with wee Heather McDonald,
despite all my numerous attempts. If anyone on the list knows her, can you
please assure me she's okay? <grin>

    Have had the most unquenshable thirst ever lately. I must have drank
about 50000000 litres of Sunny Delight, Lucozade, Irn Bru, American Cream
Soda and the new Juice Up things. Buzz! Buzz!

    Pro Plus is nice! BUZZZZZZZZ!

    Awaiting the new Radiohead album with some trepidation, nervous about
this whole new dance-orientated prog-rocky sound. It's gonna be like Primal
Scream soon - having to do a different sound each album just for the sake of
it! Grr!

    Anyone know if Godspeed You Black Emperor! are going to come back to
Glasgow this year? I know they're playing some UK dates, but I don't know
exactly where.

    Work continues to be pish <grin> Nah, it's not as bad as it could have
been. I was ready to join a production line, for Twee's sake!

    Jen Owl's "Bite me!" to the hard kid scares me somewhat. I get the
impression she's not the sweet little innocent she claims to be <wink>

    I've not heard from Toffeecrisp for a while - are you still online at
all? Same goes for a few other people who will undoubtedly know who they
are, or possibly wont. Who knows?

    I like to receive text messages, so send nice ones (and tell me who you
are if poss) to 07833 945 517

    Grr! Grrrr! Arrrrgh! Braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiinnnnnnnnssssss!!

    Eek! Sorry, went a bit zombie-fied there.

    Okay, my 15 minutes are gone. And so am I.

    A prize (as yet undecided) to the first person to tell me where my new
signature quote comes from.

--Jason Andreas
Guardian of the Obvious

It is said, that when He saw a weed trying to
grow between two rocks, that he moved one
of the rocks. Later, when He saw that the weed
was flourishing, he placed the rock back on top.
He explained to us; 'That was its fate.'

ICQ: 45821217  AIM: RadioJase