No subject

Katy Dutton jellybabs at xxx.com
Sun Aug 27 17:23:12 BST 2000

Hello everyone :)

It feels like it's been ages since I've posted...probably because it is.
Same as everyone else, it seems, a lot has been going on.  So here we go, a
run down of my life during the past 3 or so weeks:

1.  Exam results.  Yay...no Higher-style debacles here, just a very nice set
of results that made me smile lots.  Four whole A-Levels <g>.

2.  Thus: University.  GLASGOW!  Enough said :)

3.  It's my birthday tomorrow.  And I know that my lovely boyfriend ventured
into Avalanche in Glasgow to buy a rather twee and endearingly cool 'Belle
Et Sebastien' t-shirt.  Also: nice bracelet from grandma (good ol' grandma).

4.  The highlight of the past week was a great night out at The Social in
Nottingham to see Richard Colburn and Chris Geddes DJ.  David (for David
see: 'im indoors) actually had a conversation with Goddess, sorry, Geddes.
Lucky bugger, grrr.

Anyway, enough idle chit-chat about me.  How are you, eh? <g>.  I was just
catching up on my mail after weeks of neglect due to various trips (Glasgow,
Devon), and stumbled across a scarily close reflection of my own life in
Amy's mail.  Especially:

>my wee sister confessed to me last night that she is a closet n*sync >fan.
>should i disown her?  or maybe play b&S to her non stop until her ears
>bleed?  this happened before, when i liked blur and she hated them, i
> >pinned
>her to the floor and put "popscene" on repeat play full blast for half >an
>hour.  she's never been the same since.

There was a scary moment in my not-so-wee sister's formative years (last
year) that she developed a strong liking for All Saints.  I insisted on
playing B&S at every opportunity, especially when driving her around.
Muhahaha.  Worryingly, she now likes Slipknot...perhaps this is a
reverse-psychology-esque effect of B&S subjection?

Are any other Sinisterines going to Glasgow Uni this year? <blushes> I'm
uprooting from Nottingham to Glasgow in approximately 4 weeks, living in
halls, and when I think about it: I'm a little bit scared.  In a good way,
of course, but it'd be nice to meet some of you if you're there and in a
similar position to me (ie First Year at Glasgow).

Does anyone else like Tanya Donelly/ Belly?  I'm rediscovering her
loveliness right now, listening to 'King'.

Ahem.

Lots of tired love,

Katy xxx

"Race me through this heart-broken town"

 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++