Sinister: coincidental natality and a minor Jeff Buckley revelation

carle groome carle at xxx.com
Tue Aug 29 04:09:04 BST 2000

egad, nisterines!
i've been plowing posts that've piled upon my plynth like peter piper's
pecks and have piddling of pith to place.

however, is it true that stuart murdoch's birthday is the 25th of
august? amazing! mine too! (and leonard bernstein's, but he's not having
any cake this year.)

Lawrence Mikkelsen wrote:

***NOW, MY TURN TO ASK A SILLY QUESTION***
Was listening to Jeff Buckley's "Grace" - a real evergreen of an album if
you ask me.
Anyone know what a "Mojo Pin" is though? I have *no* idea.

FYI: The co-author of the tune, Gary Lucas, informed me, some time ago,
that it was Jeff's personal slang for a syringe, with reference to
heroin usage. (Jeff was the singer/co-writer, briefly, in Gary's band
Gods & Monsters.) As I trust Gary, and as we both knew Jeff, I can state
categoricaly that it was not a case of junkie glorification. He was not
a heroin addict; it was just another of his darker flights of imagination.
 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++