Sinister: Meridian Green Beams

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Mon Aug 28 22:59:33 BST 2000

Hi All,

Apologies if this is a bit dull, blame brains having spent a relaxing Bank
Holiday listening to Shellac & And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead...

Yesterday I got up, donned my special maroon Happy Sinister Birthday
underpants & set off for the Anniversary Millenial Meridianal Picnic in
Greenwich PARK, which was great fun & full of

DRAMA!
Due to
(a) Richard's ambulance trip courtesy of an injury* incurred during the
footie (Kaiser Otto denied responsibility) &

(b) the torrential downpour later that saw assorted Sinisterines crowding on
the picnic tables huddled together under the umbrellas. Stevie T looked like
a garden gnome for a while on his own until a group rushed his table seeking
an entry in the Guinness Book Of Records for the most people under one
umbrella.

Soon even said umbrellas proved inadequate so the Café was invaded for
dryness & driers. Respite from rain saw the company head for the

PUB (Cutty Sark)
To dry off the outsides in the evening sun & wet the insides with London
Pride. Some very friendly local residents joined the group. A beautiful
sunset, Ray Davies a ghostly murmur in the background, tackling the
fiendishly devised Mozart-themed crossword, a Great Dane, Mark & Sally
paddling in the Thames, everybody looking at Mark's nipples, Mark staring at
everybody else's, me being accused of looking like an (American) tourist.

POST PUB
Hardcore picnicers invaded local residence to nod off, discuss being gay
(why do they always do that?), eat, compare nipples, make tunnel jokes, pull
faces, draw on faces, watch baseball & take the piss out of old people.

WHAT ELSE?
Liz's granny calls flapjacks jockstraps.

Honey would have been gratified by the snatch of snogging in the park.

Can't think of anything more.

Thanks to all those present throughout the day for making it a pleasure.

Love,

Big Grey David
Chelmsford, UK

(*luckily only a sprained ankle: OK later, monster bandage, no drugs)

 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++