Sinister: The Young Mop's Forgotten Story*

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Aug 29 12:30:10 BST 2000

Has the Cutty Sark been turned into a pub? Hooray!

Ray Bradbury, sci-fi superstar, says e-mail is a waste of time. Has he been
reading the archives?

Elizabeth, I'm quite grown-up when the mood takes me.

I'm sure everybody loses touch with some friends, but I always think that
aside from laziness, it must be caused by some kind of abyss, a secret chasm
of unlikemindedness, some kind of crossed wire, a lack of common purpose, or
their refusal to let us shag them.

He who is tired of CHICKEN RUN is tired of life. CHICKEN RUN fans, can you
spot the TWO links between CHICKEN RUN and the 70s WHO? I bought The WHO By
Numbers a week or two ago. The music's not much cop, to be painfully honest,
but the accompanying photographs are a joy to behold. Moon is actually
FLYING above his drumkit at one stage. Roger has once again borrowed his
mum's chamois leathers to wear like a window cleaning red indian. "I'm just
off out to clean the car, mum" he said before scooting off on tour without
telling his mum not to bother making his tea. "Now, where can little Roger
have got to?" wonders Mrs Daltrey as Roger hurls himself into a startlingly
powerful rendition of "See Me, Feel Me" in Swansea.

Thanks for that aerial view of Edinburgh the other day. I'm sure I spied wee
Keithy Weithy scurrying along from avant-garde fringe theatre workshop to
avant-grade fringe theatre workshop. My favourite book about Edinburgh is
"The Confessions of a Justified Sinner" by wee James Hogg. My second
favourite book about Edinburgh is "Splat Finally Manages to Shag a Squirrel"
by wee P.S. Mitchell, his trainer.

Peter

* by Humphrey Cushion

 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++