Sinister: Ibis Hotel, midnight

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Tue Aug 29 21:42:10 BST 2000

So I was in the Ibis hotel around midnight with some stray Malboros
waiting for a minicab to deliver me elsewhere. This would be the
beginning of a story except for the fact that all the major events
preceeded it. So it became a lonely night...
I've just been reading some of your posts about the picnic, which made
me smile; now little words on the screen are people, and what a crowd!
Hehe, one of the nicest bunches of people ever, all shining in the rain;
shivering outside the pub, so far from home, the music starting to play;
the warm feeling rising like dawn under the skin: see how I'm getting
all mushy now?
Evidently the 'bank holiday' was not one on my own workplace's calendar,
so there was some hungover laughing-off of my unexpected absence
yesterday. Building Control were on strike, cutting short a few calls.
And, to the person with the leg that needs to get better, may you
recover quickly.
And, to the person with the hand that is slowly getting better: no
worries; you're a darling. Make that carreer happen! And visit the
National Portrait Gallery by Trafalgar Square: there is this fantastic
electronic portrait of a neuroscientist down in the basement: entry is
free; then go up the escalator to see the portraits of Queen Liz 1's
prime courtier: the expression on his face is priceless and the paint is
so glossy.
500 year's worth of cool.
3 years of red underwear.
500 more years to you all.

#:)
Gordon (Rousseau)

 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++