Sinister: they don't want to upset the apple cart, and they don't wanna cause any harm

Geoff geoffpritchard at xxx.com
Wed Aug 30 19:41:24 BST 2000

Someone said:
>Gary Maher: not just 'you americans' but 'we brits' refer to those
>biza...sorry bazaar thingies as flea markets.  But does anyone know why?

I don't know why they are called such, but many years ago a Flea Market came
to our town and sold loads of broken action figures for 30p each.  My mates
brother purchased loads of these grrreat toys, and hence has been known as
'Flea' ever since.

Flea's mate got a job in a fruit and veg a couple of years ago and after a
weeks work the recession-hit greengrocer claimed he could not afford to pay
the lad, but would instead give him the value of his wages in food.  His mom
wasn't best pleased when he showed up with tonnes of ripe fruit instead of
cash.  It's a good job that his wages weren't paid directly into his account
as cash-machines cannot dispense pineapples.  Just lately the cash machines
I use have enough trouble giving me cash.

A couple of weeks ago I got soaked in London and on the way home I read the
front of someone's Evening Standard.  The main headline was "F.O. TO RESCUE
HOSTAGES  'They've done nothing sinister', says minister."  Subvert
normality.

Someone else said:
"Who needs cloning when one can have TopShop?"

Our audience said:
Why stop at TopShop?  Who needs cloning when one can have McDonalds, Burger
King, Gap, Yates, Bar Coast, HMV, Starbucks, Coffee Republic etc. in every
town in England.  "They" have cloned one town and put it all over the
country, and eventually the world.  I wonder which town was the original
sell out?

I don't know what happened to the Flea market though.

Geoff

ps just heard on the news that Time Warner have snapped up the Flea Market
market.

 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++