Sinister: saying words that have oh-so-clearly been said, so long ago...

Ewan Dunbar dunbare at xxx.net
Wed Aug 30 22:39:36 BST 2000

well, there, I've gone and done it. I thought it would be forever before I
finally decided
to use/abuse my newfound voice on sinister; I dunno what inspired me to do
it, but it looks
like I've done it.

which brings me to the problem of just what I should fill this message
with. likely more of
the inanity that fills my mind twenty-four hours a day. first I may as well
inform the list of
my place of residence, which is in the faraway great wilderness of canada,
in stratford ontario.
I am seventeen, but the only time I ever read seventeen magazine is when I
want to do the
quizzes. I like quizzes of any kind, even if they provide me with no kind
of useful information
about myself whatsoever and are silly and possibly evil. I think I usually
end up with something
like "in-check chick", but that's only because I lie about my insecurity.
if I didn't I would
probably be a "screwed-up senorita" or something like that. provided I
continued to lie
about my gender as well. anyhoo, this is a tangent.

I have been reading this discussion about politics and hmming and hawing,
but even though
I probably shouldn't say anything I will say this (and I *know* this has
been said before):
I, like a lot of people, look at the election and see a tribute to a poor
system; but I think it
would be a *lot* better if people didn't worry about who they thought was
going to win, and
simply voted for the candidate they really wanted. I mean, after all, if
you *knew* who was
going to win, then it wouldn't be a democracy, and miracles do happen.
perhaps I'm being
naive, but I think doing otherwise is just contributing to the poorness of
the system. anyway,
that's my rant.

someone asked about why the band were associated with tweeness; it has
always seemed
to me that it has little to do with their sound or struan's voice (although
these may contribute
to it) but just about everything to do with the lyrics. the nature and
'location' of the tweeness
isn't always simple, either. take We Rule The School for example. for me,
at first glance, I
thought I was going to be ill. oh, this is ridiculously over-the-top twee,
I thought. but then
I realized that the surface tweeness wasn't the prime tweeness, the surface
tweeness
complemented the music in a complex relation which made for a twee whole
song. oh my,
that was an odd tangent to go off on.

anyway, I have little more to say, and this seems like and odd place to end
this not very
interesting and extreeeemely wordy message, but there it is, I'm ending it
right

about

now
 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++