Sinister: And this time there's no getting away from me...

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Thu Aug 31 16:31:25 BST 2000

Yes, three weeks later I return safely ensconced in my new job, new
house etc, having finally picked up the courage to read e-mails during
working hours and caught up with last weeks backlog due to not being
near a pooter.

where to start?

the picnic sounded like fun, even with all the rain.  I was at READING
where it also rained and where it SMELLED VERY BADLY, like a gig in a
bin lorry, which neither glasto nor camber sands does.  Apart from that
the bands were good especially the delgadoes, who went up dramatically
in my estimation, beck, cos he's funny, brassy, cos they funky (and cos
"muff" spencer was dressed as wonder woman), prml scrm, cos i hadn't
seen them before and cos mani *is* king of the bassists, pulp, cos i
heart jarvis, and of course, the wonderful ms lauren laverne, as much as
i enjoy watching her on telly on planet pop and stuff, it's not quite
the same as seeing her wielding her "axe" live on stage, although it is
worth pointing out that pete, nee johnny x, has been eating all the pies
and growing silly facial hair.  I also said happy sinibirfday to
glampam(my), who was the only sinisterine i saw on
sunday...unfortunately I was not wearing red underwear as i do not own
any, and neither does mrs carsmile

glad to see various ox-types sticking their collective heads above the
parapets.  I now find out that i live within 50 yards of at least two of
them, and that mrs carsmile is working with a third, what with it being
a small world after all.  Whatever happened to Peter Miller moving
here?  We could start a commune or something, prolly.

...mixing pop and politics, he asked me what the use is?
I offered him embarrassment and the usual excuses...

Still waiting for the GRATE leap forward, meself, Billy Bragg to be the
new queen mother, that's what i say.

So I may well see some lun-ding types on Saturday and Ox types on
Sunday.  It's going to be a sini-tastic weekend, innit

xoxo

CarsmileSteve
 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++