Sinister: On the subject of Isobel

Ewan Dunbar dunbare at xxx.net
Thu Aug 31 23:54:06 BST 2000

As this is only my second post ever ever to sinister, I had better make
it useful and pleasing. It plans on being informative, which is boring,
so I will attempt to insert some interesting content. But first, the
informative part:
I read in (IIRC) the transcript of an online chat with the band that
Isobel sang one of Stuart's songs. Since Isobel wrote Beyond The
Sunrise, I presume this means that Stuart wrote Family Tree.
The not-so-informative part:
There is a record store in town which seems to be prime for a good dose
of Belle and Sebastian. They are small and have an atmosphere that
screams "we love indie music". However, I have seen *one* B&S album in
there to date. A friend says he bought his copy of Fishy Clap there, so
that makes two. The store also seems to be devoid of just about any
other related music. Which is to say that on the outside they appear to
be a quaintish little indie store, but on the inside all they sell is
what's popular. Sigh. I suppose I ought to let them know there's a
market for such things here, but I really don't like the idea of the
onus being on me. Anyway, I don't know where I was going with this, I
guess I was just filling up space to make this seem less like a sort of
know-it-allish informational post and more like some B&S-related
opinions/news. Perhaps it didn't work. Ah well.
 ++++++  August 27th Sinister Third Birthday Red Underwear Day   ++++++