Sinister: art and german accent

Tiago Romeu cjromeu at xxx.pt
Tue Dec 19 13:09:59 GMT 2000

if I'm trying to be the joseph goebbels of this list ? well, can I think a
bit before answering you ;) ?
I'm glad you answered, really. the point is, there is a difference between
an unmade bed and Tigermilk, isn't it ? if it's based on not understanding,
than I expose my unmade bed (with nice and green blankets), I call it a
master-piece and if you don't like, that's because you don't understand it.
that's the easiest way. maybe the point is doing something so weird and
meaningless, just to shock and get some attention. and call it art. maybe I
don't understand an unmade bed, but I do understand that whatever people
understand from it, is less valuable than Belle and Sebastian, for example.
I know it's this conviction that made you writing that thesis about
Goebbels and the nazi strategy.
the context is very important of course, but there are ways to find quality
in art independently of its context. the words "roten culture", referred
not to the bed, but to all the system in art that mostly hides the good
ones behind the socially beautiful ones. that's roten.

greetings
tiago