Sinister: Cases, shoulder girls, invisibility, pop stars, and rediscovering the love...

Blake hamibe02 at xxx.edu
Fri Dec 1 05:42:42 GMT 2000

Dear list:

I believe it was sometime, early in 1999 (it was probably a very warm day
down here in the Carolinas.  I cannot dare describe the weather here during
spring and early summer)  that I changed my style from capital letters at
the beginning of a sentence (like the rest of the world does) to no
capitalization anywhere unless I mentioned God, Truth, or Isobel.  But as
you can see, I am now reverting back to my former ways, and doing as we
should be doing: upholding the frank, and dare I say, strict regulations
administered by the English language.

You all know what I'm talking about: the shoulder girl.  Yes, fine and well,
she's the can't miss photo on the Sinister body parts page.  Now, I have
been out of the loop here in Sinister land for quite a while, and I seem to
recall that there was, at one point, a bit of a debate as to who the
shoulder girl really is.  Frankly, I don't care.  Because I am in love with
the shoulder girl.  She sits, so delicately, on my computer desktop (I chose
the "set as wallpaper" and never looked back), staring at me.  I just can't
help it.  The way her hair bands are red and blue.  Well, it melts me.  Now,
before you all laugh and/or scream at my screamability, think: have you ever
totally fallen for someone because of a small thing like their nails, or
their eyelashes?  Right, well, then it's not so far-fetched now is it?  I
feel so silly.  But silliness is the mead, and we are just a cronie-filled
mead hall, I suppose.  I am just so naive.

And last night I took my computer (it's a laptop, you see) to my friend's
room to have it fixed, and he looked at the picture and said: "Boy those are
dick sucking lips."

Whew.  There goes the naivete.  I equate that to finding out Santa Claus
isn't real.  All the innocence.  Gone.  Oh well.  I apologize for the smut
factor.  But I had to lay it on the line.  You understand, don't you?

There has been recent talk of having crushes on Eminem.  While I don't have
a crush on him, there is a certain element to Britney Spears that makes her
cute as a button.  Oh heeheehawhaw all you went.  She's cute.  Mega-cute.

I used to have a theory that I was invisible.  No kidding.  I would
sometimes pass my hand before my eyes and think that I couldn't see it.  I
now get the feeling this predicament is happening again.  Sometimes I'll be
in the lunch line and I'll just pass through with no acknowledgement.  Hmmm.

So I've rediscovered the love.  Of B&S.  That's right, this is list content.
I threw in TBWTAS yesterday and almost cried.  It's now one of those records
that remind of a specific time in my life, and more than anything, I saw
colors, and flashes of moments I had forgotten, now remembered.  I urge
everyone to go play a record they haven't played in a long long time.  You
never know what you might rediscover.

goodnight
the nerdy shy-eyed pacifist
blake