Sinister: will you want me in six weeks time?

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Fri Dec 1 14:03:01 GMT 2000

Hello my favourite list,

Well I really have been doing nothing the last week-end. That was great. I
hung around in pyjamas almost 48 hours.

Mmm I did do some stuff in fact. Like I watched cartoon and shows in catalan
and it was dead fun. Have you ever watched Star Trek in catalan?? Well it’s
a bit like watching Zorro in Japanese I guess. I would tape it for you for
fun it is but I don’t own a video recorder :/ Still, I think that I like
catalan because it’s a funny language, as simple as that. You should hear
the people in Star Trek saying “Bon dia, Comandant”. Well maybe it doesn’t
sound fun like that, I admit, but I had a good laugh.

I also listened to “Definitely Maybe” by Oasis from the first to the last
track. No I am not insane. It’s just that I own that record and I hadn’t
played it for at least 4 years. So I did, and I remembered when I was not
even 15, in 1994 that is, and that I was starting with lots of excitment to
be an indie kid. My mum thought it was teenage stuff, and let me go to the
Oasis gig with my indie-cute-boyfriend-at-that-time. I thought he was about
to be a fanzine star cos he interviewed Shed 7the same week. Well being
almost 15 was fun, it seems. I was looking at my bro in that “but you can’t
understand” way that I can’t stand nowadays when I see school girls in the
street ;)

Then this week I had a Beatles revival. In three days time I listened to all
their albums, and I jumped and sang "Ob-la-di-ob-la-da" at top volume in the
living. I just forgot how the Beatles are the kings of pop songs (eeer I
don't mean to raise a debate here, if you disagree it's fine by me ;)
Mmm is that the 21-year-old effect of being nostalgic and listening to old
stuff? Maybe it's the beginning of boredom for me.

It's the first day of December today. That is good news because I can start
eating again. End of month is such a tough period these days…Hopefully by
the end of December I'll be at home in France and my mum will feed me, and
then if everything goes fine (toes crossed) I'll be in Big London City for
new year's eve and I hope some listees will feed me :) Well if not I will
drink beer and it will feed me, it's made with cereals so it should be
alright.

I hate buying Xmas pressies. I am always in lack of ideas. I asked my
brother what he wanted, so he sent me a little list with CDs and stuff and I
was amazed: I was expecting him to ask for some more Slipkot and Korn and
Perfect Circle, and...he wants me to get him an Eels album!!! Maybe I'll
finally manage to do something decent with that boy.

Mmm ok I should be off now to see how my scary teacher is mean at people
doing their presentation, so I will get even more scared for my 30 mn
presentation in 2 weeks. Luckily it's Friday.

Have a good good good week end all of you
Elena