Sinister: Christmas Presents Exchange

Joan of Dark silmaril at xxx.gr
Sun Dec 3 08:30:10 GMT 2000

Oh Christmas twee!!!!!!
        Oh Christmas twee!!!!!.........

oooops!!.well...*cough* .......ehhhm...........: ))

hewwo all!!!

It is said that Christmas is approaching , or so I heard........Dunno
really.......
And someone told me that people usually  make presents to each other
during those days.........Is that true????? I mean, do nice people
really make presents to their beloved ones and to other people they care
for.....???

*sinister people nod yes*

Well.this is like, GrAtE!! *Joan thinks* (yeah , she does that sometimes
too)

So people.......
I guess.........(and correct me if I'm wrong) We're nice......yeah, we
really are........and we certainly care for each other, even to an
extend...and some of us might have their beloved ones on the
list.........so.....seeing as we meet with all the above
pressupositoins.....I think we're officialy qualified to exchange
presents with each other........

Well, things are quite like that.....I got the whole idea inspired by
the auction that was going on some time ago. I was truly amazed by all
the wonderful things people offered to do so as to raise money at first
place but, ultimately spreading some happiness over the world and
bringing smiles on the faces of their fellow people......

On the other hand , I've come accross many list members lately,whose
offerings were not bid for and some others, including me, that for
various reasons didn't make it to bid for something........All this
creativity and good will is not going to be received by anyone.....it's
a shame really......

And then....I thought.....since the listees that offered to make
something wouldn't get any money for this anyway , well....why not
making something and giving it to someone else, but this time -getting-
something back as well??? And seeing as the christmas holidays are
almost hear, this would be a great time to carry out this presents
exchange....this could actually be an Xmas presents Xchange (though not
that crude as the name!!: ))

Most people that have heard of this before, mainly on #sinister as well
as my closest friends, my mum and our lovely list mum Honey, think its a
great idea , so let me tell you the plan......

First and most important: Although this exchange is STRICKTLY going to
occur between current list members, it is NOT compulsory for everyone.
So, only those of you that are really interested in taking part should
do so.
And secondly: This is not restricted to just  people that celebrate
Christmas.....it just happens to help the spirit of exchanging
presents....So other people that don't celebrate Christmas are very
welcome!!!

The proccess is as follows:

You will have to send me an email to silmaril at stargate.gr with your :
a) full address
b) the email address with which you are registered to Sinister so that
the verification will be carried out and on which you will  receive your
exchange partner
c) the number of presents that you would like to make (you will see why)

......but this will have to be done by Wednesday, December 6th..so
there's a time limit of 4 days to send me this email.....

Your email address will be then put on a list from which the drowing
will be carried out. It is going to be included as many times as the
number of the presents you want to make is. That means taht in this way
you are going to get as many presents as you give ....Cunning??: ))

You will then receive the full address of the person you will make a
present for on the email address you have given me.And here's the tricky
part......the receiver doesn't get your address.....In the same wat you
will get a present from someone else....a third listee to whom your
address was given......so the presents' excange goes around the list
like a chain ......

In this way you get to meet 2 people on the list instead of one,
something that would happen if you received a present from the person
you send to.....And this is the idea of it....it's not the actual
presents, it's a chance to get to meet someone....to mess with fate's
plans a little...who knows  what friendships might come out of this??

In your envelope you may include your address as well , so that the
other person is going to know who you are and contact you...

As for the kind and value of presents that are going to be
exchanged...many people asked me if they should be bought...The answer
is NO. It's not compulsory for presents to be bought and/or expensive ,
although if someone wants, he/she can do it of course......The whole
idea behind it is that the value of a present is not monetary, its
sentimental  and thats what makes it so special....the effort and amount
of love and care you've put into it .Only then does a present become a
bond between two people......

I saw so many wonderful things being described in the auction
pages.......crocheting ,knitting and emroidering, making of tapes (which
I suspect will be what the whole exchange will be revolving around),
drawings, bead necklaces...let your creativity run wild!!!You may want
to share witht he other the feelings that the reading of  your favourite
book brought to you, by sending him/her a copy, or the sheer pleasure of
your favourite candy melting in the mouth, by sending a bag of
it.....Just please try to bring yourself in the position of the receiver
and....do your best....

.......it all comes down to good will in the end and the inexplicable
happiness one may get from giving.....

That is all for the moment.....Please feel free to join and , as
misscrush says: "Let Love Flow!"

All my love and sugar-coated snowlakes.....

Joanna