Sinister: what if you need ferris's help one day? who'll help you then, you HEARTLESS WENCH

Ian Hatcher igh1 at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 5 10:59:11 GMT 2000

greetings,

it would seem that i somehow managed to miss the very meet up i tried to
organise.  ah yes, when it comes to rank stupidity, i truly am the leader in
the field (of one).

it's difficult to explain exactly what happened without making myself sound
more stupid, but basically, i had no idea where people were meeting up, got
lost several times in dark alleys with my new shiny minidisc man proffering
itself to muggers and thieves etc before eventually stumbling upon the
spitz.  i then waited in the cold for about half an hour, before realising
that since i had a ticket i could go in.  oh yes, it gets worse.  i then
went upstairs (to where the venue is) and got told to go back downstairs,
then got sent back up before finally being told to go back down.  which i
did, and got my hand stamped.  then, realising that i still hadn't made a
fool of myself but that the night was yet young, i embarked on a journey
back upstairs, where i managed to briefly evade the 'bouncer' (he wasn't
very big, but he would still prolly have duffed me up :)) and saw a certain
i. campbell sitting before me.  and when the aforementioned bouncer started
talking to me, i failed to notice him (being in a state of shock at my first
ever sighting of a belle), and this seemed to make matters worse.  so i hid
from him for the rest of the night.

but then i managed to get in the front row, where i looked in vain for the
other sinis.  i agree with carsmile's comments about the gig (except
isobel's singing - being close to the stage meant i could her quite well),
though i thought the last bill wells song was quite good (the one with
stevie wailing beautifully).

at the end of the gig, i had to rush off cos my last coach home was 11.30
and i had to get to victoria, so i got a taxi and he charged me 15 squid,
before i nearly convinec him to drive me to canterbury for 35 squid (for
non-southern listees, it's a 20 minute drive from liverpool street to
victoria, and about 1 1/2 hours from london to canterbury).

but i did get home, with badges and t-shirt firmly in tow :)

anyway, sorry to anyone who missed me (wow.  that sounds so unbelievably
arrogant i think i'll leave it in for posterity :)) . . .

ian.

ps isobel's bottom was most definitely NOT on the big side.  in fact, it was
looking quite lovely :)