Sinister: static art invites desecration in this age of movement

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Mon Dec 4 14:56:43 GMT 2000

so i'm busy avoiding an essay ok...
none of you wiseasses have chipped in any help on this wittgenstein thing
and time is running out ok?

i had to fight the overwhelming temptation to have vodka with breakfast.
not that i really drink that much but i was looking in the fridge for the
orange juice and there was the vodka, just sitting pretty, looking nice and
appealingly eastern european right there in the fridge door...smiling back
to me.

its snowing now, so i'm listening to IFYS.  which seems like a good snow
album.  despite the massive confession this summer that nobody likes IFYS
and that sturan doesn't like it either (and if anyone knows a thing or two
about belle and sebastian its...) so we agree with *STURAN* (sigh), i still
think IFYS is my fav. Beeandess elpee.

has anyone noticed what a shoddy rhyme there is in me and the major where
stu rhymes army with army?  that's almost ozzy osbourne like in terms of
rhyming badness...like rhyming iron man with iron man or dead with dead.

i've also been listening to lots of the flying lizards of late, because
their first album is actually amazing and about communism and such and isn't
at all the stupid novelty record everyone likes to think it is.  (thanks
leslie) perhaps the only band i could imagine could would do a better cover
of a bertold brecht song would be the late lamented gender-math-panic
superstars the crainium, but i don't think they did one.  which is too bad.
i'd love to have heard james screech out pirate jenny or something else with
lots of gore.  mmm.

robyn mentioned our nice little canadian election.  also a while before that
genevieve mentioned having a crush on conservative
underdog-boy-we-sure-miss-you-old-tories-now-that-the-alberta-nazi-party-see
ms-to-be-important-now-please-come-back-even-though-i-used-to-hate-your-guts
-so-much leader joe clark.  i think his 'man-sized' hands were specificially
an issue.  i found that most girls i knew felt strangely turned on by joe
'the turkey' clark, something about him seeming smart and having nice
glasses, not that they'd ever vote conservative or anything...and did anyone
see his daughter on tv?  woo.

ok

enough...
breakfast.