Sinister: Put down your pen and leave your worries behind

mh843 at xxx.edu mh843 at xxx.edu
Tue Dec 5 21:25:38 GMT 2000

Its almost the end of the semester.  I'm terrible weighed down with papers and
projects.  But I'm not stressed out.  I was sitting at my desk, listening to a
little B&S.  Like an academic angel, Stuarts voice sang to me, "put down your
pen, leave your worried behind, then the moment will come, and the memory will
shine."  SO I threw down my books, grabbed my discman, and went for a
walk...its was either that or a valium pill :).  I ended up at an old mansion,
that overlooks the hudson river.  I just sat on the hill, with Sigur Ros
playing, smoking a pink cigarette (I always color cordinate my smokes with my
clothes), and I realized that I am happy.  It wasn't just a fleeting moment, or
induced by my fairytale.  It was long term, haven't felt the bad burning in the
chest, pit of the stomach feeling in longer than I can remember happiness.  So
I cried (it wasn't the usually cry that I have EVERY time I listen to Sigur)
about being happy, and all the time I spent sad.  And because I know that I
will always either be in a time or happy or sad, and I don't mind.  Because I
like the rollercoster.  So, I came home and wrote my parent (with a pink pen)
to tell them that the semester is going well.  And I wrote you (for my first
time, thanks for being so nice) to tell you that I think that Sleep the Clock
Around is a really smart song.

*Martha*

----- End forwarded message -----