Sinister: hello sinister list

Anthony Saunders anthonysaunders at xxx.com
Tue Dec 5 22:40:05 GMT 2000

this is my first post. since others are doing the same
thing, delurking, i might as well join in the fun,
while it's a little slow today at work. I'm felling a
little emo so watch out...

my name is anthony, as you may have guessed from my
email addy, and I love B&S. This is vaguely an anomaly
in my record collection, which is full of abrasive,
harsh, difficult music (like merzbow and kid606), and
a lot of appocalyptic metal. But i have a soft side
too, and it includes B&S and my inability to look at a
Totoro with out making goofy little "oh my, isn't that
cute" noises.

my favorite B&S records are TBWTAS and FYHCYWLAP...
shockingly i can't get into If Your Feeling Sinister
all that much, it's good, but not the mindblowing "i
think i'm gonna cry" kind of good that TBWTAS and
especially FYHCYWLAP overflow with.

I tend to walk around the NYC subways singing "baaah
bah-bah-baaah baaah bah-bah bah-bah baaah bah-bah
bah-bah baaaah" to the tune of legal man.

I am feeling old because I turn 24 in 3 weeks, and am
very frustrated that i still live with my folks. And
since my potential roommates just bowed out of moving
out too, i may have to get a ridiculously expensive
place by myself, or be doomed to continue comuting 2
hours each way to work every day. argh.

i am single and kinda lonely, but figure it's better
than still being with the girl i was dating, who was
very nice and pretty, but had fundamentally different
world views on somethings, making it hard for us to
see eye to eye on some important things. Oh well.

er, um, anyhow... that's enough for a first message i
guess.

meow to the cats on the list. :)

nice to meet you,
Anthony