Sinister: Now Winter's Spread Its Wings Again

Brian Pennington cellophanesky at xxx.com
Wed Dec 6 05:44:08 GMT 2000

Hello Sinister,
	Ah I have been itching to post for days now. Ever since Peter
Miller and his comment about knockers. I still don't know how I
manage to make my way into your posts, Peter. I feel as though I am
part of history. Or at least something really amusing.
	My aim is to make this post as short and sweet as the piano
bit at the end of Judy Is a Dick Slap. I love that ending. It makes
me think of a warm winter day inside, wrapped up in the steam from
the radiator, time moving by at just a few frames per second, reading
a book in a big armchair. And Felt.
	I adore Winter the way most people seem to adore Summer. The
great big coats, the crystalline snowy nights, trudging about
breathing hot vapor like a steam vent, sitting by a crackling fire.
And most of all, the snow drifting out of the sky. The effect is best
where lights jut into the sky and illuminate the flakes closest to
them, such as in a parking lot. There is something about the chill
air that seems to clarify everything, just as hazy summer days seem
to sap my energy. I love the first day of Fall that you can feel a
cool breeze. I live for that day year-round.
	An odd thing I noticed the other day. It's about the Jeepster
Discussion Boards. It's sort of a strange phenomenon, I wonder if I
ought not to bring it up. It may unsettle you all. Well, the thing
is, there are places where people
actually...discussbelleandsebastian....there I've said it. You can't
take something like that back. It's all a bit strange, and yet oddly
familiar. Alright I think I drove that home enough. I wouldn't have
it any other way, I enjoy reading about trying to increase the size
of movie stars' knockers and having a moment by the Hudson River too
much to have another way. It's just sort of interesting to note how
tangentially we really talk about B&S.
	So Lisa Morrisson was saying something of how she felt she
was the only listee who could bridge the gap between hard and soft
like some latterday musical Colossus of Rhodes (not to be confused
with a large electric organ). Hum hum hum, but I happen to have been
thinking about this a bit lately, having made the acquaintance of
someone to whom B&S is far too soft. But I think the hard/soft
argument is seeing things too black and white when music is all about
the shades of grey. Sure, maybe someone might be able to
simultaneously like soft and hard music, but can they deal with
anything with a dance beat? That's instrumental? That involves
shakers or the word "samba" repeeatedly? I rest my case, however
shakily.
	My e-mail program has taken upon itself to rate e-mails on a
basis of how many virtual chili peppers they contain. This post,
believe it or not, for all its mundanity, contains no less than three
small red chili peppers. When I try to send it my e-mail program
warns me that it may cause me to have to wash my mouth out with soap.
To put things in perspective, Peter Miller, Lisa and Chrstiaan Chris
Lampinen all had some three-pepper posts. But other than that they
seem pretty rare, at least in my inbox. And initially this surprised
me because this post really isn't that smutty. But then I looked back
up there. I guess without intending to do so, I've touched upon the
subjects (figuratively of course) of knockers, dick slaps and most
importantly, the wide world of electric organs. If I were in
#sinister maybe I'd get a tart point.
	I would be remiss if I didn't mention how much my week has
been improved by purchasing the new Clientele and Stars CDs. They
stand by my side at work every day, battling ennui. Mmm, I probably
had more things to say but to do so would risk seeming even the
slightest bit short and sweet, so I will pretend like I meant to stop
right here.

--
Brian Pennington, aka Mick McMick | cellophanesky at mac.com | ICQ# 39021436
Sandcastle Records: <http://www.indiepages.com/sandcastle/>