Sinister: Everyone . Experience . Godspeed . !

IndiRckGrl at xxx.com IndiRckGrl at xxx.com
Wed Dec 6 15:33:00 GMT 2000

Hello Sinister,

I just woke up from a wonderful sleep, and a wonderful sleep it was
indeed....i dream of no other but Struan!  Oh yes my dear sinister boys and
girls, it was such a lovely dream...I dreamt that they came to NY and played
a concert at the Bowery Ballroom (I think I dreamt that since I was talking
about it with my friend at the venue last night).  Then I dreamt that I got
to meet Struan through a friend...and he was so nice, he even came to my
house to cook some soup!  The whole time I was with him, I was going on about
how much I loved him and his music and how much B&S meant to me, etc., Struan
just smiled and hugged me and said thank you, I'm glad we have fans like you.
 It was *so*  nice, it was actually my very first full length dream about
B&S, I am extremely happy...I suppose all that talk of them last night worked
out!

Last night, I went and saw godseed you black emperor!, and wow, what a show
it was.  I never heard any of their stuff, but quite a few of my friends told
me to go, and that I would really like them since I like Mogwai so much.
Halfway through the first song, I was just in awe.....oh how beautiful it
was.  And their performance, 9 people on a small stage playing under red
lights....it seemed so eerie but so very passionate.  The whole time they
were playing I was in love, I was in love with them on stage....with the boy
with the asthma inhaler in front of me....with the girl who kept dancing next
to me....and most of all my friend Chris for pretty much getting to go to the
concert.  I was supposed to leave at 11:00 to get home by 12:15, but I
decided to stay until 12, to get home by 1:15.  So, as I stayed and watched
more of godspeed..and the show came to an end, it was 11:55 when I ran and
got my coat then went back up to see the encore.  I promised myself I would
leave at 12:03 to give me half hour to get to Penn Station just in case, but
after they came on, that 12:03 lead to 12:08 which lead to 12:10. Sadly, in
the middle of their encore I decided that I really should go since, the next
train after 12:30 was 1:46.  So, I ran down to the train station to find
that.....there were no trains going uptown, I needed to take a train downtown
3 stops and transfer there.  This of course made me miss my train, which I
was not at all thrilled about.

When I got to Penn Station I went and put some money in my metro card, for
the next time that I go use the subway.  On my way to put more money in, I
saw this guy that I met just about a year ago at his high school dance.  We
met off the net, and since we were the same age and both went to school
relatively close, we decided to meet up at his school dance.  So, we
did...but we didn't really talk much after that.  So there I was in Penn
Station all alone at 1am in the morning without a thing to do for 45 minutes.
 I made myself brave enough to go up to him and say hi, and I did...and it
was really nice to talk to him.  We ended up taking the same train halfway
home, and we got to talk about Belle & Sebastian and all sorts of indie bands
we've seen in the past few months.  I was extremely happy to have had the
courage to go and speak to him.  Finally, the stop came for us to go our
separate ways, and we simply said bye to one another.  I ended up getting
home at 2:20 and went straight to bed since I was so very tired. So, here I
am writing to you, before I run off to school....my I don't think I could be
any happier right now and wow, it has been quite awhile that I've felt the
way I do right now.

Now, all you wonderful sinister boys and girls with impeccable taste, go see
godspeed you black emperor! The moment you have the chance.  They are truly
something wonderful that everyone deserves to go experience.

-Melissa