Sinister: Gentle Waves, getting older, snow

Vanessa Roseline Siegl vanessa.siegl at xxx.at
Wed Dec 6 21:18:14 GMT 2000

To everybody
getting to see the Gentle Waves .. I am somewhat jealous ... I enjoyed "Green Fields ..."
enormously ...
Might be a while till I'll get the new one ... I have only heard one of it so far "Sisterwoman"? ..
which is nice indeed. ..
(ok that is cheating to put that in the subject line; right?)

Johan
wrote about getting old and not being able to get into new music anymore
Surprisingly ... I still do once in a while ... when I discover something that really hits me in the
heart (that sounds corny but who cares ... I am  the queen of corniness anyway)
Not sure it happens less often or more often than it did when I was young but it still does ...
However I did discover this summer that a lot of things just excite me _LESS_-
I don't listen to music that much anymore ...
A lot of record I rated highly only a few years ago mean little to me now and I impatiently skip
half of the songs
Others stand the test of time and when I get them out I rediscover how good they are.
But in general lately I have been lacking enthusiasm ...

Edna:
>1) She walks in beauty like the night
Is that Suede? I'd say Dark Star but I could be horribly wrong ...
It _is_ Suede, though, right??

People
writing about how much they like snow
Winter has _always_ been horrible for me ... in some way I equal physical cold with emotional cold
....  (as a four year old kid I would always pester my parents about when spring would arrive.
"Soon" "Yeah but when is soon??" ----"Soon")
My dream is to move away to a place with milder climates one day .....
So far it isn't as bad for this time of the year ....
It's around 15 degrees (celsius) and even in the mountains there is not much snow.

A friend of mine who lives in Paris right now keeps asking me if it has finally snowed and I tell
him I am glad it hasn't ...
maybe I should pretend to like snow just for him ... but I don't
It's just cold ... and wet ...
Yes it may look beautiful .... looking out on it from inside somewhere warm ....

Oooh yes and to those wearing glasses don't just hate it when you walk into a room from the cold and
your glasses get all foggy ... I feel like such a dork when that happens !

drifting off into space ... v/x np: God - John Lennon
--
it's the dreams that won't leave us alone --- http://www.clodia.net