Sinister: digging on warmer music

Johan Nilsson i_love_moon at xxx.com
Thu Dec 7 13:58:37 GMT 2000

growing up i always felt like i had to defend new music, it's kind of stupid
when you think about it because every music has to stand up for itself you
know. maybe i haven't been looking in the right corners for those albums i
am used to buy and get all excited about. no wait, let me start that
sentance all over again: i do buy a lot of new record and i do listen to a
lot of new music, infact i if i had the money to it could probably buy and
listen to eight new records a day. i try at least to hear one new thing a
day, but lately i have felt like i'm not interested in it anymore. maybe
angel is right, this hasn't been exactly a great music year and i just have
to put my faith in that 2001 will be this amazing music year which makes it
all go away. but i also have this urge to... well you know how you hear
something you like and then you are dying to hear every little band that is
compared to or related to it. that's how music works isn't it? well it has
been so for me since high school. jeanette mentioned the delgados and i
thought i should see if i can pick that record up after work. it's funny to
see how none said that you will always like the music from your golden age
the best, maybe we all deny that in faith that our golden days haven't been
yet. i'm just 21 years old, but i still got mad aging issues - when i turned
19 i even found myself crying in the shower. but maybe that i am aware of
this (music issue) means that i'm not denying it and so i will
survive/continue to experience new music and hopefully this clogged toilet
will flush again (umm, excuse that expression, i don't know where it came
from). thanks for the comments everyone, it's a delight to hear everyones
opinion. be well,

johan / le petit communiste