Sinister: It's was gentle gentle weekend

Maria Sierra mariasierraflorez at xxx.com
Fri Dec 8 13:50:04 GMT 2000

Hello to everybody!

It has been quite hard to go back to the routine after the grate
weekend I have spent in London. It was full of hard emotions and
unforgettable moments. I still can't believe it! Every time
there is something that reminds me to it and makes me smile :)

I went to London for the Gentle Waves concerts. First, I meet
lovely Charles, who is more crazy than me, just going to the UK
from Argentina to see Isobel. He is really nice and he was like my
"daddy" at any time, taking care of me. It was absolutely lovely
to spend those days with him.

On Thursday night we went to see Snow Patrol live and although I
haven't listened much of them, I liked the show. The singer was
shaking his head like a fool! The next day Neil told us that
Richard was playing drums with them and we didn't realize! Does
anyone of the list went too? Do you know the name of the band who
was playing before them? We were wondering about it but nobody
knows.

On Friday we went to the first Gents (as Mr. Miller calls them)
show. We get to know Neil, who is very nice and gave us some
budgets and stickers. I was surprised because I thought he was
older! But he is only a young boy. First The Bills Wells Trio were
playing and it was amazing to know that other aspect of Steve
Jackson. The Gents were great, I loved how they ended it with that
brilliant cover of "the beat goes on" but I missed many songs from
the album as "sister woman". After the concert we had the chance to
meet Steve and I couldn't avoid asking him for an authograph
(fanatic girl...) He is really nice, he was talking to us with his
lovely scotish accent.

And then on Saturday the second show! In the evening I had phoned
to nice Sally Moore and we were going to meet her on the bar
donwstairs the Spitz. But as I didn't get to recognice her, after
the Bill Wells Trio show I asked the boy who was selling the
tickets to say her name by the microphone. (I'm sorry about it
Sally!) So that I got to know her. She introduced me to many
sinister listees: Steve Trousers, Mr Pinefox, Lucy Juicy, Vicky,
Marc, Chris, Carsmile Steve, Ally Cook...  They are all nice
people. It was great to meet them! And a bit amazing aswell.

Mr Pinefox is actually a fox but he doesn't have a tale! He asked me
to tell him something about their posts but I was too nervous to say
anything in my little English. I remembered that thing about the
"funny things on sinister 2000" book and what you said about the
clouds seeming to move faster as you get older, which made me laugh
when you posted it. I promise I have read every post of you! But I
can't remember all the contents of them...

Steve Trousers was very kind too <I really enjoyed the show although
I was looking forward to Isobel singing "sister woman" and she
idn't>

It was a shame we finally didn't go to the Strange Fruit... I hope we'll
have the chance to go there another time, when Belle & Sebastian will be
playing next spring-summer (??) Fingers crossed!!

Have a nice weekend!!

maria