Sinister: Vote 2000 (and not a lawyer in sight!)

David White david at xxx.uk
Fri Dec 8 14:56:44 GMT 2000

Hello there,

OK people, here's what you've all been waiting for, the opportunity to
submit you favourite albums/singles/bands/people etc in the definitive Belle
& Sebastian fans review of 2000. As someone said recently, reading people's
lists on Sinister can be tiresome and tedious, and if I remember rightly
it's against the list rules is it not, so I have set up the opportunity for
you to send lists galore to my website, where I will collect all the
information, process it and hopefully produce the definitive list of 2000's
best and worst things.

OK, How?
Right, simple. Just point your browser at
www.belleandsebastian.freeserve.co.uk Click on the link to the VOTE PAGE,
select Best of 2000 from the menu at the left hand side, fill in the blanks,
cllick submit and that's it! Simple as that.
I'm not having any of that nonsense about top 5 albums with a #1, #2, #3 etc
best album as I don't think it's possible to differentiate between two or
three albums if they are all excellent. Just put in the 5 albums you liked
best, in no particular order and based on the number of votes recieved I'll
decide which album or whatever deserves the title most popular of the year.
(My decision will be final, no legal disputes over illegal ballots, no
lawyers, and I guarantee the result will not take 4 weeks to be announced*)

Right, When?
Well, why not do it now. I reckon I'll keep the page open til mid January so
that as many people as possible can vote, but if nobody votes I may extend
that a bit.

That's all, if anyone has any problems with the page let me know ASAP and
I'll try and sort it out.

David White
david at djwhite47.freeserve.co.uk

* As long as nothing more exciting takes my interest in the meantime.