Sinister: A secret. Posters on. Weeping wail. Diminish.

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Fri Dec 8 16:19:15 GMT 2000

Goodness.

They sing of Ally
Down at the Pally
Which is called AllyPally
They're pally
With the lad Ally
They are perhaps five in number
That's my latest tally
.

Miller returned at last.

Have you noticed that if you sing along to Panic by The Smiths,
but change the word "panic" to "Pinefox", you get a nightmare vision of the
future? Give it a try. Could life ever be sane again?

a) why did you do this?
b) why a nightmare?
c) why the future? I have been on the streets of London many times in the
past; and in Birmingham once or twice.

At 44.99 the Rare Cult box set is too expensive, yet the one CD highlights
collection is simply inadequate.

Come now. I do not charge that much for my Box Set. You only have to ask
nicely.

I listened to Lloyd Cole and the Negatives on a foul germ-infested listening
post the other day. What happened to Lloyd's lovely
American accent? There was a nice song on it though, No More Love Songs or
something.

Germs or no, you are a lucky gringo, I mean, boy. It is not often that I can
say things like, O, yes, I have heard him play it live a number of times
before its release. No, not often.

the boy 96 climbed off a 'bus' (actually a coach!) in his native land. The
air bit shrewdly. It was very cold.

He wondered to himself.

>>>saw the band but not the poet and critic Tom()Paulin, who were lovely,
>>>and the band but not the sculptor and historian The Gentle (!) Waves, who
>>>were dull in all the right places and acceptable in the some of the wrong
>>>ones.

I find this devastatingly witty. But which were the right and wrong places?

"Ah yes, I recall the first time I encountered this type of salt, twas in
89, a day like no other, when the clouds seemed to smear the sky with
nostalgia and the skunks..."

Words succeed me.

What an aaaaaasshole.

Isn't that 'flaming'?

On Saturday I lost a lot of words. Some of them I gave away as cheaply as
the hours, some of them I hope to retrieve at a future point in time. I only
hope I can remember them in the meantime.

Did your hard drive break? You are always on about this, boy. Give it up.
April is gone.

Peter may also be interested to know that those gorgeous Foxgloves are
recording a new track. I shouldn't reveal too much for fear of breaking some
kind of pact,

That's true. But I can reveal that the reason that the Foxgloves were at the
Gentle Waves gig was to see the Gentle Waves.

The man from the 'Weunion' said

Joe hadn't had sex in a while and had quite a large supply of
ejaculate. He was oh so lonely. He was about to lay down to another night of
sleeping alone and a quick session before turning in.

For heaven's sake. I cannot take much more of this. It is so unfair.

Genevieve W and Alix C offered tantalizing titles.

Edna Welthorpe (Mrs) turned up for the first time and deserved public
commendation. I offered her the private variety, and she declined. Silence
sued. I mean, ensued. We don't have many married folks on this list. Or do
we? I can think of at least, ooh, 2 or 3. But Mrs W does not mention her
spouse. I feel that some sad severance may have taken place. Taken the place
of what? Why, of cohabitation.

Yes, ladies, he IS still available.

I don't remember the pinefox telling Mrs W this. Did she?

a charming mixture of Glaswegian geetarclassicism and Indian devotional
music, and blow us if that isn’t Mad Dog Murdoch, on a track that translates
as ‘Bow down to Shiva", chanting away like George Harrison in his prime for
over ten minutes!
It’s all very lovely. We suggest you investigate, forthwith.

This is what you get when such Made In Taiwans and maiden aunts are allowed
out of the nursery. The lady is quite wrong about this. It is three or four
chords, or so, of tedium and wasted time and talent. Edna W (Mrs) is
presumably a 'Thoreauvian Deist' or something. But that's a scanty excuse
for such a lapse of taste.

Sarah Garret Sonner crashlanded into our list of top
ten posters the other day.

Here are my top ten posters.

1. Betty Blue
2. The Blues Brothers
3. The Big Blue
4. Blue Velvet
5. In My Blue Heaven
6. Blue Monday. New Order. Factory. 1983
7. Blue Period. Picasso. Exhibition. Frankfurt. 1987.
8. Got The Blues. (Picture of a 'bluesman'.)
9. Blue Savannah. Erasure. Released 10.9.1987.
10. Blue Christmas. A tribute to Elvis Presley's Christmas Album. Released
by RockingHorseRoad records, 25.11.1987.

Hoo hoo!

What does that 'sound' have to do with the Foxgloves? Is it meant to be a
phonetic rendition of the non-verbal noise in the middle of 'Day Star', or
something?

If you get three pictures of Foxgloves 1 in a row, apparently, you win
an evening out for two in the Muji store of your choice.

I already have 37 pictures of Foxgloves1 in a row. In a pile. In a book. On
the floor. On my bed. On my ceiling. He knows what I mean. Is the point that
the store will be empty, so we can do what we like; or that it will be
locked, and thus ultimately as disappointing as a Foxgloves gig?

One point of contention, however: with her new
longer hair, does Ms Campbell still qualify as a
"gamine"? And how does one define a gamine, anyway?
Elucidation, please.

I have asked around and come up with the following:

>>>a girl with a roguish, saucy charm

Buy it if you want.

Bakhtin / Wittgenstein: cf
Terry Eagleton, Against The Grain (1986)
----- Saints & Scholars (1987)

Only two films have scored better this year. We
will leave you to speculate what they were.

Patrick Keiller, London
----- Robinson In Space

Do I get a prize?

You know, Mrs W does have an attention to words, which is something. The
more I read her work, the more I see it. And yet, I saw it in the first
place.

S/ Select magazine is dead, apparently.

Who says? I saw it yesterday.

>>>We shed a quiet tear.

Me also, if only for the sake of 1991-4 or so. Where did they go?

T/ Twee interlude
A wee kitten is playing with a ball of knitting wool
and getting in a frightful tangle.

Oooooh! Aaaaaah!

You can’t say that about many groups - except
Sportique, of course.

Boh! Ow! Eek!
Mrs W has started to reduce me to mere guttering, I mean, guttural noises.

>>>Can some eager beaver step forward to compile the End of Year 2000
>>>Sinister top ten singles/crushes/greatest wanks etc?

I would love to. But I longer hear new or experience records, crushes or
wanks. Old ones, maybe. Have I said this before somewhere?

>>>Compared to us, Jed Bush is one honest injun.

JEB, silly.