Sinister: christmas shopping comes but once a year...

idleberry idleberry at xxx.com
Mon Dec 11 17:06:42 GMT 2000

..and usually when the majority of people are, as the
technical term goes, skint.

Did my Christmas shopping today, finishing off those
last and impossibly difficult pressies.

Got something for the boyfriend (an impulse buy, I saw
it, I pondered, and then thought "Well, what else am I
going to get him? He'll like it, it might take some
persuading, but he'll like it").
Got lots of funky wee pressies and put them together
for boyfriends sister.
Got boyfriends mum and dad something nice as well.
I would tell, but boyfriend comes on sinister, and
reads what I write about him, so I want to keep schtum
so it will all be a suprise.
Got my brother a harmonica (why does that sound
grammatically incorrect? please tell me, is it an
harmonica or a harmonica..?) with a book about how to
play the harmonica. Quite nice it was too, lovely tone
to it. I can only presume that if he ever masters
playing it, the poor people of Glasgow will be
listening to him busking. And knowing my brother, it
will probably be a Star Trek related tune. Hmm.
(Sorry in advance to the people of Glasgow.)

Got mums Christmas pressie sorted too (the Body shop
is a wonderful place for the unimaginative, except in
my case cos mum actually wanted something specific
from there. Making me even more unimaginative.)

Brother is sorting out dads christmas pressie.
something about an audio CD thing.

Gave lots of lovely pressies to the lovely people in
my life at UEA. Been guartanteed chocolate in return.
SORTED!
:)
(I love chocolate.)

So what is the sinister christmas wish list?

sit on my lap, tug my beard (it is real, I don't
shave) and tell me what you want.

Love
Idles
xxx