Sinister: can we fix it? yes we can!

fiona mbbx9ff2 at xxx.uk
Tue Dec 12 14:51:45 GMT 2000

owww,
              i fell over getting off the bus this morning and landed
in a crumpled heap on the floor, i'm now in pain and will probably be
in a bad mood for the rest of the day, although i am starting ot feel
remorseful towards the nice young man who stopped to help me up,
while i just grrrred at him in an
'of-course-i'm-alright-why-are-you-helping-me-up-i'm-not-an-invalid'
sort of way. so i'll put my apology on the sinister list which of
course he'll never read, but it makes me feel better anyway.

it still hurts though. last time i did something like that i'd torn
ligaments or something and it hurt for weeks. it did mean that i got
prodded by doctor chris from richard & judy, which always makes a
good anecdote. (he's one of the doctors at my surgery, i didn't just
stop him in the street or anything)

  i have some vaguely b&s related news; i was wearing my colourblind
t-shirt the other day and the boy on my course with belle and
sebastian badges who i've been meaning to talk to for ages, but i'm
not very good at that sort of thing, stopped to speak to me. i
haven't spoken to him since or anything, but its nice to feel
noticed.

 for anyone who wondered, (and i know that isn't any of you, but, i
won't be offended if you click on the little pointing downwards
triangle) my lovely lickle indie night went hugely well last week, we
got twice as many people as the union exec thought we would and now
my society bank account is brimming with over £300. the only problem
with that is we're supposed to be a non-profit making organisation,
but i'm sure i'll find something to do with the money. /fiona makes
rubbing hands together action.

  yesterday, in our student house we had christmas day. we had a tree
and presents and chicken (turkey was too expensive) and sprouts and
pudding and mulled wine and a cd with ronan keating doing a shocking
version of 'fairytale of new york' (the best christmas song in the
world...ever!)
  being poor students, we decided that we couldn't spend more
than a pound on anyone, but you'd be shocked at what you can get for
a pound these days, we had books and baubles and all sorts of furry
things and someone even managed to find a nail-varnish drier for a
pound! yes, a pound!

pf (i think) mentioned erasure. erasure are (were) great, thats
better than grate, actually great, and the most P!O!P! band i can
think of. woo woo, although girl thing are hot on their heels.

  i have a rainbow brite ruler.

  hands up who's already snuck into their parent's / partner's /
insert other loved one here's wardrobe / other hiding place and found
their christmas presents and just managed to lift the cellotape
enough to see what's inside without disturbing the wrapping paper.
 i have.
 i've managed to see a tigger cover for my phone and some underwear
so far.
 one year my mum bought me a take that live at wembley video, i
found it and watched the whole thing before christmas and no-one ever
knew. i think i was about 12, just to add strength to the teen
argument. because i liked take that for about two years, and then i
discovered suede and blur and oasis and elastuca when i was 13, and
here i am today.

 why am i telling you this??

 ne'ermind, complex calculus beckons, not very encouragingly, but it
beckons all the same.

     love and irn-bru,
                                      fiona.