Sinister: My write of passage (sorry)

Jon Botterman j.botterman at xxx.uk
Wed Dec 13 17:27:05 GMT 2000

Ooer...?

    I'm not too good at introductions but I'll have a go. I've just been

lurking on the list not contributing (uncontributing?). I decided to
post but then the college told me my E-mail space has too many old
messages. It's my own fault I suppose. I just can't bring myself to
delete e-mails. They sound so helpless.

    I've waited to post but have been thwarted. I'm not too good at
thinking up subject headers (just take a look) and I have a boring
e-mail address ( it's just my name and my college). I feel I should be
called FluFFurB23 or something in a similar vein. The college won't have

it. But I got over all these blocks and decided to post. Now, I fear, I
will have to subscribe to the digest. Will I go back in the nursery? I
don't want to, it was too quiet, and all the best toys were broken or
the wrong colour.

    Anywho, my introduction. I'm Jon aged 20. I'm currently serving my
second year at art college, which is my own mini hell.  I don't actually

have a specific thing to say, just a general helloo. Erm, I saw the
gentle waves at the spitz last week. All very nice, although I now have
to envy Stevie Jackson's harmonica playing as well as his guitar playing

and singing. Still, I bet he was hot in his suit.

    I've seen Grandaddy and Sigur Ros mentioned which lightened my
heart. I had to stop myself from going "oh oh, I like them!" in the
computer room. I think my fellow students think I'm a mentalist as it
is.  I could tell a little story of how I almost fell over yesterday,
but it's less a story and more of a sentence.  Anyway, it involved me,
my flares, my inability to run in a logical way and an angry motorist. I

walked away with a slight blush, but no harm was acheived.

    Well, I've broken my listfast and it's getting dark. I have to walk
home to Mottingham and it's been raining. My work is done. Maybe I'll
post again, unless this one is badly recieved. Please be kind though, it

was my first time though I hope you didn't notice.

Jon.