Sinister: cappuccino and poinsettias

marikka ettirgam at xxx.com
Thu Dec 14 06:45:03 GMT 2000

well, there are still threats of a rolling blackout,
but wouldn't that be sort of fun?  think about it, in
the middle of the day, the power goes out and you
don't have to think about that horrendous report for
another 90 minutes, of course you would have to have
saved it recently not to worry about it.  you could go
outside and walk around and witness the very belated
california leaf change.  i keep waiting for the power
to go so that i can pretend to be a student again and
play in leaves, as there is no snow here.

but i am really adoring the christmas gift exchange.
i am having fabulous fun making stuff, but in light of
my location and the fact that i am indeed making these
items, they might be a slight bit delayed, and so, i
apologize in advance to my two recipients.  but the
wait shall be worth it all.

anyway, i have no real belle and sebastian content.
how am i supposed to learn anything interesting living
in the san joaquin valley.  i had better luck in
connecticut.

but i would like to proclaim how much i hate nbc, the
american television network, tonight as "ed" was
preempted by some stupid election coverage.  they seem
to believe that none of us predicted that they would
settle on just giving it to gw.  is anyone else
disturbed by the fact that gw's cabinet is going to
essentially be his dad's old team?  i thought we said
no to the texan oil millionaires years ago.

and if anyone from "vanity fair" is on the list, i
would like to thank you for the december issue, so
much jude law that i might be content with just the
magazine and stop envying sadie frost.  it's a pity no
one remembers him in "gattaca."

but now i must return to making gifts and trying to
figure out how i can get a rolling blackout in my city
so that i can enjoy tomorrow.  take care.

marikka.

=====
One woman's 'Titanic' is another woman's 'Love Boat.'