Sinister: Cast a shadow in my direction, but not golden

jarkko frantila chamomile1 at xxx.com
Thu Dec 14 10:42:32 GMT 2000

Since George W. Bush is going to be the next president: Howdy, folks!

Ooh, it's been ages since I last wrote here. But yesterday my better half
insisted that I'd bother you, so here I am.

DO! MAKE! SAY! THINK!

You people seem to like Godspeed! You black emperor. That's nice, they're
ok. A funny thing: The other bands from Constellation records (the circle of
artists that Godspeed guys belong to) like Do Make Say Think and Iron Mount
Zion... they all sound quite the same, don't they? guitar goes ZWANGGGGG
three times a minute, then they throw some other intstruments on top of
that. The only thing that separetes Iron Mount Zion from Godspeed is the
fact that Godspeed songs are filled with violins whereas Iron Mount Zion
songs have that darn piano going PLINGGGG six times a minute. How many
albums of "minimalistic art" can you own?

PEEOUPEE!

No, thats not the sound of me getting a golden shower in my eye from my
secret boyfriend, but P!O!P!: I bought "Life goes on" by the BMX Bandits
yesterday, and it's surprisingly good. In fact, it's ace. I borrowed it from
the library about six months ago and I though it was shit. Now that I've
listened to it about 6 times during the past 18 hours I have to admit I was
wrong.

Better than Teenage Fanclub? Frankly... yes. I've never understood what the
fuzz about Tfanclub is all about. Nice melodies, nice sound, but that's all
that it is: Nice and comfy. But hey, some people are like bunnies, some dig
doggystyle.

MEW AND STINA AND BRETT!

This is just to our beloved Honey (ok, maybe a few others too): The new
album from a danish band called Mew contains a song "Her voice is beoynd her
years", and it features none other that Stina Nordenstam herself on vocals.
Check out http://www.mewsite.com for more details on the band. Oh, and Brett
Anderson, for those who didn't know, has been to Iceland to record some
vocals to Stinas new album which will be out sometime next spring.

Thats it. In conclusion: art is crap, pop is nice, but it shouldn't be too
nice. And Stina is a goddess.

-Jarkko Frantila (Jace le PetitE), room 423, School of vocational teacher
education.