Sinister: dissolution is a temporary solution, but then again, life is short

gogron gogron at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 14 11:56:43 GMT 2000

hullo sinister people

I'm listening to Robbie Williams and Destiny's Child on the radio at the
moment, 11 am ish on a Thursday morning. I kinda like Robbie Williams I
think, but I wouldn't go as far as buying an album... or vinyl. I used
to get my music teacher to make cassettes of Mantovani and Respighi
records for me at school, cos I never had a record player of the
post-50's period, hence a difficulty in connecting audio leads.
Mantovani did easy listening music and was 'famed' for his 'cascading
strings' orchestration. Respighi was also famed as a great orchestrator,
Italian too, but studied under Rimsky Korsakov at the Moscow
Conservatoire.
So, I didn't listen to pop as a teenager much. Sad kid, maybe, but I
discovered ambient and techno before anyone else in my school, so I had
an edge of sorts.

I had a summit meeting yesterday in the boardroom with my sometime
employers. I'm taking a few months off. I may never go back.. who knows.
They're such nice people, but regular day jobs and me, I suspect, are
never going to mix. I think the Pickle Prince mentioned a similar
situation. Yeay dude!

My room is blitzed. I'm supposed to be sending someone from the list a
christmas present. I started at the weekend, but as Rabbie Burns said
about the best laid plans gangin' aft agley... Thing is sometime, but
not just yet.
Success and failure is a useful working conceptual structure for so long
then it just gets boring. If one isn't 'successful' then, like, so what.
Life is too complicated for such dumb definitions of people.

I saw the exhibition somebody mentioned, in Glasgow, about Glasgow pop.
And yes, in the background was 'Falling From Grace'. It sounded good.
But the floor was AMAZING. Miles of metallic sticky tape in pop art
striations, curves, dilations, concentrics... wow.
The fanzine stuff in the actual exhibits was good too. I went searching
for fanzines afterwards, but I couldn't find any.

I was about to offer congratulations to President George W Bush of the
USA, but that is perhaps regarded as inappropriate list content.
Then again, probably most of what I say is... I don't get out much. I
never knew the names of the bands in all the gigs I went to anyway, but
hell, the music was fine!
Intensity is the modus operandi. A nice simple life is a myth.

Gordon