Sinister: Non-B&S: Neutral Milk Hotel

Derrick Morningstar fullmoon at xxx.net
Sun Dec 17 21:59:04 GMT 2000

> "Here's where your mother sleeps.....Here is the room where your brothers
> were born. Indentions in the sheets, where their bodies moved but dont
move
> anymore.
> It's so sad to see
> The World agree that
> They'd rather see their faces filled with lies...
> When I want to keep white roses in their eyes"

    How weird. I am listening to the album this came from, "On Avery
Island," as I read this. Neutral Milk Hotel's Jeff Mangum definitely has
written some tear-jerking lines for many of us. The "but don't hate her when
she gets up to leave" line that ends the album "In the Aeroplane Over the
Sea" often is too emotional for me, and I have to skip it. Too bad, as it's
a beautiful ending to an amazing record.

    Rick