Sinister: on our way to stockholm, it started to snow

chris perriman room_30 at xxx.com
Mon Dec 18 00:21:33 GMT 2000

just got back from the best night out i've had in ages
300 indiekids sitting in a freezing church (coz it's been absolutely baltic
here over the last couple of days, but still no snow, dammit!)in the middle
of newcastle listening to mercury music prize nominee kathryn williams play
a completely acoustic gig (no amps or even mics)
the night started off with two sets from other performers playing guitars ,
the second of which sounded vaguely belle & sebbish for a couple of songs,
the other was going ' erm, well, erm, this ones's, erm, about, yeah, i'm
trying Really hard not to swear here' which got a laugh from the crowd
(well, those of us close enough to hear what he was saying)
then kathryn williams came on with 2 friends playing 2 acoustic guitars and
a cello and it was absolutely gorgeous even though we couldn't see anything
coz she was sitting down on a step and was lower than the people in the pews
but the acoustics of the church was amazing.
it was a donation on the door not a fixed charge which was nice but you
could hear them counting the money at the back during the music and even the
shutters on people's cameras was drowning out the sound but it just added to
it all and it was all grate

then, afterwards, everyone as invited to the pub over the road for drinks
and there was a present thing where you could pay two pounds and you get a
prezzie so me and my friend cath bought each other presents, she got a cd
storage wallet thing and i got 2 tickets for a gig on the 28th worth 4
pounds each, but it's a friend of our's who is playing so that's cool
cath went over to kathryn williams (who was on the table next to ours) and
said thanks for the gig and told her that she works with kathryn's flat mate
(which is true) so kathryn said 'oh, you'll have to come over' which is
cool, being invited to a star's flat (not that big a star but people who
read the british music press'll know of her)

anyway thats my big night out

oh! the dj in the pub was playing loads of christmassy stuff and he played
'oh come oh come emanuelle' so i asked him to play low's 'just like
christmas' and it sounded fab, as ever,

hope you all have a happy christmas and a simply spiffing new year
bye buy (me lots of prezzies)
pez*

ps        i mentioned my thumb a while ago, does this mean that i have
     to send a picture of it to honey?

pps       is there any sinistrinos out there in the newcastle/north
  east of england area? if so i'd love to hear from you