Sinister: baby boomers, the future, only mentions b&s at the end

Xblurgurlx at xxx.com Xblurgurlx at xxx.com
Mon Dec 18 05:59:52 GMT 2000

hello - i have only posted once before and that was under a different e-mail
address and it was a while ago - but - i attended 2 family christmas parties
today and the same subject kept popping up: how the sixties were so great and
doesn't it suck to be young nowadays what with no elvis no beatles no
woodstock?

here is what i would like to tell my relations: NO!!!! the only reason you
think the 60s were so great is because you were young, and you can't fool me,
there was more pat boone than john lennon in your collection - born after ww2
does not mean you invented sex drugs and rock and roll - they have always
been there, waiting for the young to find them - people had sex, got high and
self-destructed gloriously before the doors, just ask byron - i am not under
the delusion that my generation invented revolution either, you could say
that the maenads were the original riot grrls

so when is the best period in music?  as a music lover and sometime optimist
- i have to say THE FUTURE - the history of recorded music is so brief
compared to the history of music, how old is recorded music? a little over
100 years? what would edison think about nirvana?

belle and sebastian, blur, the smiths - those may be the bands that made me
fall in love, dance, cry, they may be the soundtrack to my memories - but i
think the best music is the sound that's still out there - waiting to be
made...

cheers,
veronica

Sailor V - fighting for love, justice and quality pop