Sinister: Sillustrations

The Fragrant World Of Princess Honey honey at xxx.org
Tue Dec 19 18:41:12 GMT 2000

So anyway, I had this idea.  It's probably a very poor idea, like my
rude christmas carol idea, which went down like "Family Tree" at a
Metallica convention, but mummies make suggestions, so I'm going to
suggest it anyway.  If you all think it's a stupid idea just mutter
"stupid!" dismissively, stomp out the house and go and play with those
bad kids who hang out down the street outside the cinema, spitting and
swearing and throwing pebbles at the nice old lady at no. 23.  But
remember, your tea's at 6 o'clock and I expect you to wash your hands,
young lady.

The idea was that we're a very visual lot, what with your
frightening/lovely bodyparts, baby pictures, and Laura Molloy's lovely
cartoons which give the intentionally (ahem) retro-style Sinister
website some sense of coherence and style.  So what better than to have
an appointed Sinister Illustrator who brings to life a topical incident
posted to the list once a week!  The bearer of the title would scour
the list archives each week and pick a mail and bring it to life in
graphic form!  If it's kinky, hopefully *very* graphic form.  And I'd
make a web page for them all.  Haven't you ever wanted to see Peter
Miller losing his mind at a 70's Who convention?  Oon abusing an
elephant?  JenOwl chasing Bob the Wasp for a kiss?  George Henry Dickie
doing up his pants?  Velocity Kalli giving little Spooky a ride on her
scooter?  Mark Casarotto being "faggy but nice"?  I know I do.

I can't draw for toffee so I thought I'd ask if one of you could?  If
anyone who *can* draw and thinks they might like to, and (important
this) thinks they can stick around for some time and scrawl a JPG to
email me every week from the list without being nagged, then send me a
picture from one of last week's mails.  Or fortnight, be honest if a
week is too often for you, I wouldn't want to cause cramp.  I'd prefer
it to be just one person who could take this on for at least a few
months rather than lots, because lots of different illustrators might
make us look a bit like someone wearing a Gucci frock and a baseball
cap, n'est-ce pas, innit?  Send me something by Christmas and I'll pick
an impartial team of judges (i.e. whoever I can find in the #sinister
chat channel when I pop in) to make a decision, and probably pop all
the entries on a web page too.  You will then be Miss or Mr (or Ms! or
Mrs! or Dr! or Mx!  you choose!) Sillustrator and worthy of an email
account "sillustrator at missprint.org" which points to an email address
of your choosing.

(this is the bit where I start to worry that no-one will send
 anything and I'll look silly, and think about not even sending this
 mail)

(this is the bit where I think "oh go on, they'll forget it exists
 and you can just keep quiet if no-one mails you")

(this is the bit where I remember the archives)

While I'm on the subject of the archives, I want to make a point about
them.  When you're 70, and lonely and sad, I want to assure you that if
the web still exists in some capacity, http://www.missprint.org/sinister
will still get you to the archives.  Your voices may be dry and tired
by then, Sinister may have fallen quiet, we may have fried each other
in a massive nuclear flaming war, but missprint.org will still be there
unless the post-apocalyptic world council stops me.

This has a bad side too, you will have to read your own posts from when
you were wee, and this may be painful for some (like me), but I believe
this to be a cathartic experience so administer the medicine with great
relish.  I hate the way message boards and archive sites are just
removed when they've outlived their active lives, and it won't happen
here.  Words are precious, and seem to become more so as time passes.
Oh, and you'll still get an ecstatic reply from honey at missprint.org in
the year 2040 or so (rapid life expectancy calculation) so store up
those mails!  That's why Miss Print bought her own domain.  She's not
sure you can trust someone with an advert in their hand.

Think I've nailed those Josh Baze "out of office" replies now.

Better shh.  Keep sparkling.
Honey xxx