Sinister: London, Life and the Lovely List...

Jo Reynolds showmemagic at xxx.com
Wed Dec 20 23:08:08 GMT 2000

Hello :)

After seeing some of the other list member's after pop sensation Baxendale
(who I missed due to damn work) on Saturday night (hello Steve, Pam, Stuart
and the wonderful Mr Trousers [so far my very favorite list member... Who I
would like to thank for the drink's, even if he did somehow manage to
mistake me asking for Lemonade as Bacardi and Cola! ;)] and I think some
other's, but I don't remember name's, one man left cigarettes though, yay!)
I said my intension was to become a more active list member... So here I am.
With a post...

I actually have nothing interesting to tell you all. I moved to London a
couple of month's ago. I have had fun, but seeing as my best friend who used
to live in London but has now moved to Iceland (!) it is not as much fun as
it was when I used visit. It also cost's a lot of money. Of which I have
none. And is full of scary people. Who all seem to talk to me. And it
involves having a crap job* which I hate. And also has horrible mean
homeless people who trick you they have been in a fight with a really mean
boyfriend who drove off with their money and then when you don't give them a
tenner they chase you with a dog until the bouncer of a club chases her
away... The last sentence may have been a one off event...

Anyway. I am going to go back to sunny Milton Keynes to play with the
concrete cow's. :) My decision is (almost) final.

So, a bit of Belle and Sebastian news for you all. It excited me anyway...
;) I went to "Trash" with the delightful Nadia (a secret list member I
suspect... She deny's it though!! [Hiya Nadia, if your there!!]) and she
introduced me to a Californian boy who played guitar with Stuart Murdoch
last week in a church in Glasgow. I think the story was something like he
just bumped into him and they just ended up playing together!! It's alright
for some, the lucky monkey. ;) I can't remember details as I had had a tiny
bit too much to drink. I think Stevie had given me a taste for the old Rum
and Coke!

I have just remembered a good thing about London!! It is called
"easyEverything" and it is this wickedy internet cafe which is huge and
really cheap! I am there now!! It costs a pound, and the least time you get
is an hour! (It could be anything up to six, depending on the time and how
busy it is!) Down point's to this place do exist, however...
1) It really should only ever cost me a pound, but always's costs me more...
I get tempted by the coffee, which keep's me awake, so then I buy more
computer time, which lead's to more coffee...
2) Stupid phone ring's are everywhere.**
3) There are so many noisy people... "JUST SHUT UP! I AM *TRYING* TO TYPE!!"
I don't ever really do that, maybe I should...
4) I just saw someone type "Hello my darling love" at the beginning of an
email. I wish people started letters to me like that...

Anyway, this is getting out of hand now. I should really stop typing to to
you all...

So, that was a nice bit of information for you all to enjoy :)

See you all soon,
Lot's of Love,
Joey

* I work at Urban Outfitter's, 36-38 Kensington High Street in Woman's Wear,
you are all more than welcome to come and visit to try and relieve me of my
boredom a little... ;)

* One just now was the chorus in that Eminem song, which was a little
coincidental as i am writing this particular letter and we has a bit
conversation about it on Saturday night!