Sinister: we're going to have the best time, the time of our worthless lives.....

Mark Hester mark_e_hester at xxx.com
Thu Dec 21 15:35:23 GMT 2000

What! Nobody remembers Furniture? Ah well...

Well, I'm sitting here in the office drinking Budvar (a present from our
avuncular boss, playing Santa for the afternoon) and doing very little else
coz the server's down. See, even computers can get into the Yuletide spirit
if they really try. A good time to look back over the year and, before you
groan, I don't mean assess the state of the trains or climate. 2000 has been
not just GRATE but the GRATEST in a sinisterish sorta way, being the year I
discovered the joys of picnicking, in Greenwich (twice), Oxford and Primrose
Hill (well *almost* in the last case, so I only made it to the Spread Eagle,
it still counts). What a year for gig-going too...Stereolab, super furries
(both in Toronto); Tompaulin; Sodastream; Lollies and Baxendale last
Saturday (pity about the sound, but still very memorable).

Hey but next year's going to be even better! A chance to find out whether
strangefruit London is as good as strangefruit Oxford used to be for
example. And I really must visit Glasgow...

We're connected again and I'm getting dirty looks, so after that brief
hiatus it's back to the grindstone.

Before I go though....if anyone knows of anything going on in Londinium for
New Year's Eve (this is the REAL millennium New Year's after all) then
e-mail me privately. I'm going to sleep all over Christmas (that's the way I
feel anyway) but I should be hitting the ground running come the 31st.

Back to the International Journal of Dermatology (yum),
Mark.