Sinister: merry christmas from the depths of lurkerdom

Rachel mayfly at xxx.com
Mon Dec 25 10:56:56 GMT 2000

WHYS AND WHEREFORES
Well, i guess the subject line really says it all.  But as it's my
first time posting, i'll add a couple of lines that most of you
probably won't read because most of you probably have better things
to do on Christmas day... oh well.

WHY NOT BEFORES
Hi.  I really meant to post long ago, when i first got out of the
nursery a couple of months ago... but what happened was this:  I sent
off a wonderful long witty(in my dreams) introductory post... in
coded HTML.  What can i say?  I am computer-retarded.  Anyways, after
that i was just too damn lazy to write it all out again, and then
along came midterms and i let my email go down the drain for a few
weeks... came back to 500 new messages.  And, as i didn't want to
post not knowing all the current and relevant and crazy stuff, i
decided to catch up on all the past posts, which has taken me a long
long long time.  Ah well, that's what christmas vacation is for, eh?

MY SPARKLING SELF
Sooo... my name is Rachel, i'm 17.  I live in the smelly crowded
dorms of the University of Victoria usually, but at the moment i'm
freezing my bum off in the yukon.  No, we don't live in igloos, yes,
we have running water.. but i like to fit the stereotypes,so i went
dogsledding yesterday (for the first time!)  It was tons of fun
except for the frostbite.

CONTENT
It is so lovely just to sit at the fireplace with a rum and eggnog
and stuart murdoch singing fox in the snow... i imagine my parents
are counting the moments till i board the plane back to uni so they
won't have to hear belle & sebastian again for another three months.
My brother is equally antsy - his tastes run more to eminem et al.
Content may also be awaiting me under the tree- t-shirts and badges
graced my wishlist!

NON-CONTENT
A very merry christmas and a happy new year to all you wonderful
people whose posts i have enjoyed so much even if i read them all
about three weeks late!

Lots of love and rum and eggnog and mistletoe,
 from The New Girl
Rachel